We all know about CBD for humans, but did you know that you can use them on your dog too? Yes, there is CBD for dogs. People are using cannabinoids in various forms for their pets. One of those products is edible. These edibles also have various types such as treats, biscuits, and chews.
Here are some of the best CBD edibles for your dog:
CBD pet treats
When it comes to CBD pet treats, the choices are vast. These pet treats are one of the most popular ways for your dog to get their daily dose of hemp oil. These treats come in various flavours and sizes and tend to be soft enough to be easily broken up if you have a small dog or want to give them an appropriate portion size. While these types of treats may seem like they would be difficult to administer, they make it easy for you because they’re explicitly designed as an edible treat that contains no THC (the psychoactive part), so you don’t have to worry about them having any adverse effects on your dog’s behaviour.
CBD edible products are generally easier than other methods because they won’t go bad quickly so long as they’re stored properly after opening. However, even though these products do not contain THC, which is known for its psychoactive properties (and this shouldn’t affect your dog’s behaviour), some precautions should be taken before giving this type of supplement.
CBD dog chews
CBD dog chews are a good option for those who want to give their pooch a little extra TLC. They’re made with CBD oil and other ingredients, which means they can have the same effects on your pup’s tinctures and oils. But there are also some key differences to remember when buying one of these treats. They come in different flavours and sizes, so you can choose what works best for your dog based on age/weight/preference.
The best way to select an appropriate chew is by taking into account how much energy your pet has (or doesn’t have) and how much time you want it to spend on chewing vs. playing fetch or running around outside instead of being sedentary indoors all day long, and most importantly, how much money you’re willing to spend on them!
CBD oil capsules
- Give your dog a capsule and make sure they swallow it whole.
- You can also hide the capsule in their food or treats, but this is not recommended as it can cause choking.
- CBD oil capsules are straightforward to administer – pop one in the mouth and let it melt on its own.
- Depending on the size of your dog and how many cups per day you would like them to have, take note of these guidelines: 1 cup for small dogs, 2 cups for medium-sized dogs; 3 cups for large dogs. You can adjust these amounts depending on how they respond to each dosage level.
One of the reasons we’re recommending CBD biscuits is because they are a great way to administer CBD oil to your dog. They come in different flavours, which is excellent for dogs who don’t like the taste or smell of hemp oil. Biscuits can be a tasty treat you give them daily as part of their diet, and it doesn’t need to be anything extravagant or costly. You can use any brand of dog biscuit and apply your own CBD oil to it!
How much should I give my dog?
There are no specific guidelines for dosing with CBD biscuits, but many pet owners start small and increase the daily dosage over time until they find what works best for their dog’s needs (this should take about 1–2 weeks).
CBD-infused peanut butter
Peanut butter is a great way to get CBD into your dog’s diet. Peanut butter is a good source of protein and healthy fats, which makes it an excellent choice for dogs who need more energy or may have allergies to common ingredients like wheat, soy, corn, and more.
Peanut butter can also be easily modified at home with your combination of ingredients; canola oil instead of vegetable oil; honey instead of sugar, which makes it an easy addition to food on the go or at home. And since peanut butter doesn’t spoil quickly, it’s one of the best options when travelling with your dog (or just keeping it around in case he needs something).
How to select the best edible for your dog?
When selecting a CBD edible for your dog, there are several things to remember.
- Look for a product that is made in the United States. This will ensure you’re getting the highest quality product possible.
- Look for a product that has been lab tested by an accredited third-party lab (like Analytical 360 Labs).
- Avoid products containing ingredients from China or other countries with low manufacturing standards or environmental protection standards.
How to buy CBD edibles for your dogs?
When looking for a CBD edible product for your dog, it is crucial to ensure that the product is safe and effective. This can be done by following some essential tips.
- Buy from a reputable source. You should buy CBD edibles only from reputable sources. This way, you can trust that what you buy is safe and good quality.
- Check ingredients carefully. Before purchasing it for your dog or puppy, you need to check the ingredients carefully, as well as the potency of CBD in that particular product. In addition, make sure that the product has been made in the USA since most companies use cheap oils, which are unsuitable for pets!
- Is it safe? Regarding safety, always review reviews from people who have purchased this particular brand or edible before buying anything without researching.
You have many options for getting your dog CBD in a fun, tasty way
You can find plenty of CBD-infused products here on the market, but don’t make the mistake of buying edibles from a source that isn’t reputable or safe. Knowing what to pay special attention to while shopping can keep your dog from getting sick or overdosing on THC (which is still illegal in some states).
Simona LeVey did her degree in psychology at Tel Aviv University. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.