While it is essential to consider veneers’ cost before going for a placement, it shouldn’t stop you from achieving a perfect smile. Several conditions warrant veneers placement. To learn more about the advantages of veneers’ arrangement, how to achieve a beautiful Hollywood smile, and the cost of various veneers, you have just one job.
Veneer treatment is a cosmetic procedure that involves placing a set of thin covering on your teeth. Veneers’ cost covers the cost of the veneer and the entire treatment needed during the whole procedure. Veneers cost varies and is determined by different factors such as:
- The type of veneers. While the general veneer cost should be between $600 and $2,500. You can get veneers treatment at a lesser price depending on the type of veneer you have chosen. Porcelain veneers treatment is the most expensive treatment. You may be charged a low price if you go for another type of veneer treatment such as Lumineers or composite veneers. It costs between $650 and $2,000 per tooth.
- Your geographical location. Another factor that determines veneers’ cost is your geographical location. If you are considering getting a veneer placement outside your country, the country you have chosen also determines the price you will have to pay.
- The number of veneers. Full veneers set costs more than partial veneer. So if you are getting a full set of veneers, you should expect that you will have to spend more money. You may be given discounts on your veneers treatment if you choose full veneers. For example, Dentakay dental clinic offers several discount options based on the number of veneers you wish to place. Do not forget that you will have to discuss that with your dental clinic.
- Underlying oral health condition. Your veneer treatment can attract extra cost if you have any underlying health conditions which may cause emergencies during the procedures. Significantly, it would be best to inform your doctor of any oral health conditions to avoid any complications.
Conditions warranting veneer placement
As mentioned earlier, veneers cost plays a significant role in considering a veneer treatment. Additionally, some conditions warrant veneers placement. Veneers serve as a corrective treatment for oral health conditions. If you have any of these conditions, you need a veneer placement:
- Stained or darkened teeth. Teeth whitening is another treatment. However, veneer treatment offers a lasting and aesthetic solution to your teeth.
- Hypocalcification. Veneer treatment is also suitable for individuals struggling with thin and weak enamel. Veneer placement can’t be compared to other dental treatments, especially hypo calcification. Hypocalcification gives your teeth an opaque or chalky appearance and can lead to white, yellow, or brown discolouration. Hypocalcification cannot be cured, but your dentist can use veneer treatment to help cover the discoloured teeth or help with your enamel.
- Multiple diastemas. Not all diastema closure can be treated using one single approach.
- Peg laterals. Peg lateral incisors describes a condition where the second tooth on either side of the upper front teeth does not develop correctly and is small, often pointed, and looks like a cone.
- Chipped teeth. Veneer placement is the best treatment for chipped teeth.
- Lingual positioned teeth. Lingual braces are a method of orthodontic treatment where the brackets, wires and elastic bands used to realign your teeth are all mounted on their backside (tongue side).
- Malposed teeth not requiring orthodontics. Direct composite resin materials can present an ideal option for the treatment of overlapped or malposed anterior teeth. These teeth conditions can be corrected with veneer treatment. Also, the type of veneers your doctor will have to recommend to you depends on your teeth condition.
Comparing different types of veneers cost
- Porcelain veneers cost. This is the most expensive and credible veneer. The price is between $925 and $2,500. You can also get as low as $1500 for each tooth. Porcelain veneer cost is higher if it requires additional treatment. Porcelain veneers look natural and give you a perfect smile that boosts confidence. It is durable and doesn’t have any health risks. They are biocompatible, and it doesn’t affect the gum tissues of other soft tissues in the mouth.
- Composite veneers. This particular type of veneer is made with organic and inorganic materials. It blends perfectly with your natural gum. However, the composite centers can stain over time and are not durable like the porcelain veneer. Composite veneers cost between $600–$1,500 (per tooth).
- Lumineers veneers. Lumineers are pretty simple and do not require much preparation before the final placement. Your doctor may have to remove some of your tooth structure before placing the lumineers veneers. Lumineer vest cost is between $800 and $2000 for each tooth.
- Removable veneers. If you want to spend less and still get yourself a perfect smile without much procedure, this type of veneer is best for you. They are temporary and cost between $470 and $600, and this covers the lower and upper teeth.
Differences between veneers cost and other dental treatment cost
Veneer cost is expensive, especially when you have to do full veneers treatment. It requires preparation before the placement, which will require spending more money.
There are other alternative dental treatments if you are still doubting veneers. They include:
- Teeth whitening treatment. Teeth whitening treatment is less expensive than veneer’s cost. However, they are not as authentic as veneers. The cost varies between $500 and $1,400. You can get teeth whitening treatment as low as $300.
- Dental bonding. This dental treatment involves using adhesives and tooth-colored composite to whiten your teeth. Dental bonding treatment doesn’t require many processes, and it only takes a visit to get it done. Dental bonding costs between $300 and $600 for each tooth. It can be as high as $1,500.
- Orthodontic treatment. This dental treatment is best recommended for people with crooked teeth or any broken teeth. They are cheap, and some popular ones are the clear aligners and braces.
Regardless, veneers treatment remains one of the best dental treatments with an extended guarantee.
Advantages of getting veneer placement?
- Veneers cost. Veneer cost is an advantage because veneer placement is worth every penny. Porcelain veneers seem to be the most expensive type of veneer. But it gives you a perfect smile and boosts your confidence when it comes to your appearance.
Aesthetic. Veneers give you an aesthetic and beautiful tooth appearance. Veneers are stain-resistant, and it is safe for the gum. You can also choose any colour you want if you want something more colourful. In essence, veneers make dark teeth appear whiter.
Adam Mulligan did his degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. He is interested in psychology, mental health, and wellness.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.