Roasted garlic hummus is a healthy and delicious snack that’s perfect for boosting your immune system. This recipe combines the flavours of roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, and spices to create a flavorful and nutritious dip that’s perfect for pairing with veggies or pita chips. Garlic is known for its immune-boosting properties, while chickpeas provide protein and fibre. This hummus is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or as part of a meal.
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut off the top of the garlic head to expose the cloves.
- Place the garlic head on a sheet of aluminium foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and let it cool slightly. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, and paprika. Pulse until well blended.
- Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with veggies or pita chips.
Incorporating immune-boosting foods into your diet is important for overall health and wellness. This roasted garlic hummus recipe is a great way to do just that. The combination of garlic, chickpeas, and tahini creates a flavorful dip that’s not only delicious but also packed with nutrients that support a healthy immune system. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or as part of a meal. So next time you’re looking for a healthy snack, give this roasted garlic hummus a try.
Janice Myers is a passionate advocate for healthy food, with a focus on nourishing and delicious recipes that promote overall wellness.