What is the origin of telemedicine?
Telemedicine technology first began a form of healthcare delivery in the late 1960s due to the needs of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Nebraska Psychology Institute. Throughout the last 55 years, there has been multiple barriers standing in the way of widespread adoption of telemedicine technology and remote monitoring tools. Financial, regulatory, and technological challenges made it more difficult to advance telehealth adoption.
With the Covid-19 pandemic, telemedicine specifically telepsychiatry has turned to be the solution to help minimize viral spread while patients are getting the care they need. For telepsychiatry Jacksonville contact Dr Bih Tambi to receive convenient and experienced mental health services out of the comfort of your home or office at 904 886 0361.
Why choose telepsychiatry with Dr Bih Tambi?
Dr Bih Tambi has designed her a psychiatric practice for the convenience of her patients so they can attend their appointments from the comfort of their homes. This has ensured uninterrupted care for patients including those with chronic mental health conditions. Sessions at Bellevue Psychiatric Urgent care mimics a typical outpatient appointment through HIPPA approved video call software to suit your needs without compromising the quality of care.
Dr Tambi’s virtual psychiatric visits are available for anyone to accommodate all needs, particularly those who:
- Lack transportation
- Live in rural and isolated locations
- Have difficulty leaving their house
- Are physically unable to attend due to physical illness or limitations
- Maintain busy lifestyles who struggle to find the time to visit in person
- Are wary of potential Covid close contact
- Are with young or adolescent children on the autistic spectrum who may prefer telepsychiatry over in-person contact
Conditions treated by telepsychiatry
Dr Tambi and her team are certified and experienced to treat a variety of mental health conditions which include but not limited to:
- Pregnancy and post-partum issues
- Parenting difficulties
- Depression in children and adults
- Mood dysregulation disorder
- Panic attacks
- Generalised anxiety
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adults
- Grief and loss
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
How do you prepare for a telepsychiatry visit?
While it is quite easy to have a virtual psychiatric care session with Dr Bih Tambi in Jacksonville, there are some tips that you can follow to make sure that your appointment is fruitful. You’ll need:
- A good internet connection
- A webcam – a front camera that will enable Dr Tambi to see you, a screen (preferably a laptop or computer) to see your doctor, and a functional microphone.
- A well-lit and quiet room for clear video and audio
- A paper and pen for writing down any notes that your doctor tells you
- You’ll give specific links for your virtual appointments with designated times. You are advised to keep this information secured.
- It is preferable to use headphones for better communication and understanding.
Do you get less time during a virtual psychiatric appointment?
No. You’ll be given the exact time that you need for all the evaluation and treatments that can be done over in person visits. Call today and book an appointment with Dr Tambi.
What other services apart from telepsychiatry does Dr Tambi provide?
Alongside telepsychiatry, the Bellevue Psychiatric Urgent Care offers other quality services such as:
- Anxiety specialist. When you are continually experiencing fear or worry, it may be resulting from an anxiety disorder. Contact Dr. Bih Tambi for effective treatment of anxiety-related disorders.
- Depression specialist. Depression is a severe condition and can affect every aspect of your life. For the most current and effective solutions, contact Dr. Bih Tambi for innovative treatments, including ketamine infusions.
- Bipolar disorder specialist. When you experience intense mood swings that are often difficult to handle you could be struggling with bipolar disorder. Bellevue Psychiatric Urgent care can help regulate your mood episodes, contact Dr Bih Tambi today.
- ADHD disorder specialist. When you struggle with inattentiveness, difficulty focusing, impulsivity which is affecting your ability to be productive at work or school, your ADHD Dr Bih Tambi can help. Call our office at 904 886 031 or visit us online to book an appointment.
- Suboxone specialist. Pain can be very debilitating and opioids have proven to be effective. Long-term use of opioids can lead to dependency, abuse, addiction and even death. Dr Bih Tambi has extensive experience treating such substance abuse disorders offering drug treatment services such as Suboxone to help with opioid addiction.
- Schizophrenia specialist. When you experience symptoms such as auditory or visual hallucinations you might be suffering form a psychotic disorder or schizophrenia. This condition reduces your productivity and ability to function independently. Contact Dr Bih Tambi If you are struggling with these symptoms for practical help.
Alicia Saville did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She interested in mental health and well-being.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.