Job Title: Research Associate
Salary: £32,958 to £38,183 per annum. Due to external funding restrictions, an appointment
can only be made up to £36,001 per annum.
Department: Health Sciences
Contract: Fixed term contract to 31 July 2018
Job Reference: MBP01787
The post-holder will provide high level social science research skills to the ethnographic
component of the NIHR-funded project “Increasing uptake of effective self-management
education programmes for type 2 diabetes in multi-ethnic primary care settings”, within the
SAPPHIRE Research Group.
The post-holder will be responsible for conducting research that results in significant
contributions to meeting the funder’s expectations and developing peer-reviewed
journal articles related to the research project. As a researcher with a high level of
methodological and theoretical expertise, they will contribute to informing the direction
of the research project towards its key goals. This will include involvement in detailed
protocol specification, project management, collection and analysis of data, contribution
to theorising, and organisation of and contribution to team meetings.
Specifically, this will involve:
- Conducting ethnographic fieldwork, qualitative interviews, and data analysis to a
- Conducting high quality, theoretically sophisticated literature reviews
- Making significant contributions to reports, publications and presentations, where
appropriate acting as lead author and incorporating and synthesising contributions
from others, to make important contributions to research knowledge in this field
- Coordinating day-to-day project management of the ethnographic study including
contributing to Research Ethics Committee and research governance applications
and complying with regulatory and ethical requirements in relation to the conduct of
- Representing the SAPPHIRE group at external meetings and conferences at a
standard that will enhance the reputation of the group and engage stakeholders
- Making a contribution to teaching responsibilities of the SAPPHIRE Group
- The post-holder will also be expected to engage in administration and citizenship
activities related the SAPPHIRE Group and the wider department.
- 24 days annual leave plus 6 closure days plus bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Childcare voucher schemes
Source: University of Leicester
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.