Maintaining good joint health is crucial for living a healthy and active lifestyle. Our joints bear the weight of our body, support our movements, and allow us to perform daily activities. However, with age and wear and tear, joint health can deteriorate, causing discomfort and pain.
While regular exercise and adequate rest are essential for joint health, diet plays a vital role too. Consuming nutrient-rich foods that nourish our joints can help prevent joint problems and alleviate pain. And one such nourishing option is a smoothie designed to support joint health.
I designed a smoothie packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, phytoestrogens, and award-winning collagen from Cytoplan to give your joints some much-needed TLC. It’s a delicious and healthy way to nourish your body with essential nutrients that support joint health.
Ingredients and method
- A handful of frozen cherries (pitted) – rich in vitamin C rich to help collagen synthesis and antioxidants including flavonoids which can inhibit cartilage breakdown
- 3 florets of fresh or frozen cauliflower – a liver-loving brassica containing indole 3 carbinol which helps the liver detox our hormones effectively. Cauliflower is also a source of manganese – as the expression goes ‘clicky knees, more manganese!’
- A handful of walnuts – a great source of anti-inflammatory omega 3, manganese and protein
- 1 tbsp of linseed/flaxseed – another rich source of phytoestrogens in the form of lignans
- 1 level teaspoon of Cytoplan’s Marine Collagen or open a capsule of Cytoplan’s Vegan Collagen.
- 200mL of organic plant milk – organic soya milk for phytoestrogens to help support collagen synthesis
- Optional: 1 date to sweeten and/or add more water to get your perfect consistency
- Pop everything into your blender of choice, blend and serve.
Maintaining joint health is crucial for leading an active and healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise and rest are important, but diet also plays a vital role in supporting joint health. The smoothie I designed is an excellent way to nourish your body with essential nutrients that support joint health.
Packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, phytoestrogens, and award-winning collagen from Cytoplan, this smoothie is a tasty and healthy option to give your joints the TLC they need. With the recipe provided, you can easily make this smoothie at home and enjoy the benefits of its nutrient-rich ingredients.
Give your joints the love they deserve and try this delicious smoothie today.
Karen Newby is a specialist menopause nutritionist.