Do you have everything needed to live a happy and contented life but still not feeling so? Are you confused with a feeling that your life is swinging out of control? Are you bored with the same routine and want to break off and do something different and exciting? Here is your answer – all you need is a nice self-improvement plan that can bring a positive impact on your life so that you can see your goals clearly.
Nothing fancy here. Self-improvement is an essential development mechanism that evolves with you, and makes you learn more about yourself, focus on strengths and improve your capabilities to achieve the most important goals in your life. The first step is self-realisation, which means to know what really makes you happy. Certain self-improvement strategies help a person overcome difficult situations, react to them more positively and be better at social relationships. It is not easy to invest time on self, though it is the most important thing to keep yourself happy. One really has to work hard to get the desired results.
To make the most out of what you have, you should find out the strategies and tips shared by motivational speakers, such as Kevin Abdulrahman, and follow them to the dot to see positive results. There are also programmes to help you with self-improvement techniques.
Here are a few things to get you going
1. Remember, you are your best friend and the most important person
2. Work on yourself to be a good human being and not just a manager or a boss.
3. Think about why you should invest time and effort in developing yourself.
4. Appraise yourself with your strengths and weaknesses.
5. Set your own customised plan. Don’t blindly go with a plan that someone else is following or that someone else has set for you. You should know yourself well enough to know what you want.
6. Concentrate more on your strengths and spend the time to sharpen and hone them.
7. If there is something that you excel at, or want to excel at, starting working on it today.
8. Think about your short-term and long-term goals and write them down.
9. Focus on how you can bring your development plans into your normal life and make that as your routine so that you do what you want to do – every day.
10. Choose what you want to do, and give it your 100%.
11. Be proud and confident about what you are doing.
12. Do something out of the box. Make something very ordinary into something beautiful and rare. Bring a change in the way things are done.
13. Start with small things. Learn new things every day. Keep your final goal in mind, but to achieve it, start small and steady.
14. Set a rating for yourself. For example, if your goal is to run a marathon, set a practice run for 10 kilometres. Try to achieve it. Be dissatisfied if you are not able to do it. Challenge yourself to do better.
15. Keep researching and learning more about what you really love and want to do.
So there you are – 15 interesting tips for self-improvement. Pick one or a few to start doing today. Remember, if you want to see yourself improving, you must take some actions. The sooner you take these actions, the quicker you will see the results.
Dennis Relojo-Howell is the founder of Psychreg. He writes for the American Psychological Association and has a weekly column for Free Malaysia Today.
DISCLAIMER – Some of our contents and links are sponsored. Psychreg is not responsible for the contents of external websites.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice, nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.