649 total views, 1 views today
Thomas Bateman is Professor Emeritus with the McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia. He is also a correspondent for Psychreg.
Tom’s field is organisational behaviour, with particular expertise in leadership, proactive behaviour, and decision-making. In the past few years he has applied these interests to sustainability and climate action, publishing periodically in GreenBiz and The Conversation. He blogs via ‘Getting Proactive’ for Psychology Today about psychology, work, and leadership. Tom coauthors Management: Leading & Collaborating in a Competitive World, a college textbook now in its fourteenth edition (McGraw-Hill Education) and published in several languages.
Selected publications and videos
- Mastering the Long Haul of Sustainability
- Proactivity: What it Means and Why It Matters
- Proactive Goals and their Pursuit
- The Supply of Climate Leaders Must Grow
- Personal Goals for Self-Directed Leaders: Traditional and New Perspectives