CBD is a medicinal plant that is known for its therapeutic properties. In the past few years, CBD has bombed in popularity due to its ability to reduce stress and depression.
If you are looking to buy CBD from a CBD online store, read on to know how you can do that in the simplest and safest way.
How to buy CBD from a CBD online store?
Learn more about CBD
Before you hop on a website, you must learn some CBD basics:
- CBD can be extracted from two plant species: cannabis and hemp. The only difference between the final products of these two plants is the THC concentration.
- CBD products made from industrial hemp contain less than 0.3% concentration of THC. On the other hand, a cannabis product contains more than 0.3% concentration of THC.
Understand your needs
Before you look for a CBD online store, you must be clear about your CBD criteria.
These are a few things you need to think about:
- Do you want a product with added flavours, or do you want a flavour-less product?
- Do you want a product that gives immediate effects, or do you want a product that works slowly but lasts longer?
- Do you have a defined budget for your purchase?
- Do you want to keep it simple, or do you want to work with some devices like e-vaporisers or e-cigarettes?
Choose a type of CBD product
CBD comes in many different forms. You have to learn about each form and choose which one works best for you.
These are some of the most common forms of CBD available for your purchase:
- CBD tinctures
- CBD pastes
- CBD vape oils
- CBD topicals
- CBD capsules
- CBD edibles
Look for a reliable platform
Now that you’ve finally made your mind about the kind of product you want, you need to look for a reliable platform to make your purchase.
Google the brand and look for online reviews, especially from well-known bloggers.
Keep in mind that there can be fake reviews online, so make sure to do detailed research before you finalise a CBD online store.
- Look for the laboratory test reports. Make sure that the website that you have chosen to make your purchase displays its laboratory test reports for the users to read. A laboratory test report can state if the product does or does not contain the stated amount of CBD and if there are any amount of harmful toxicants present in the product.
- Read for the extraction process. CBD manufacturers use different extraction processes for their products. You don’t need to learn about all of them, but what you must know that the safest method for extracting CBD is CO2 extraction. In this process, pressurised carbon dioxide is used for extracting CBD from the plant. This process helps to preserve the nutritious compounds of the plant and hence bringing out the purest form of CBD.
Things to consider before making a purchase
- Do they provide educational information? A helpful CBD online store will always have an informative section for its users that would answer several questions regarding CBD and provide other educational information about the appropriate dosage of CBD.
- What quantity of THC does the product contain? Some consumers prefer CBD products with at least a small amount of THC, while others prefer products which have only trace amounts of the element. The site that you choose must clearly display the amount of THC that its products contain.
- Do they provide a quick delivery service? The best websites always provide a quick and discreet delivery service for their customer as customer satisfaction is their topmost priority. If the site that you have chosen is good at that, you know that you are dealing with a good guy.
- Is the purchase convenient? Is the website interface easy to use? Does the site make it easy for you to buy CBD products? Is the customer care service responsive and satisfactory? These are some of the few questions that you need to consider before filling in your credit card details.
Some amazing benefits of CBD
- Relieves pain. For centuries, cannabis has been used as a pain relief medicine. Modern scientists have also found that this plant contains some special components that can help to treat pain.
- Reduces anxiety and depression. CBD has a wonderful ability to work on the brain’s receptor cells of serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates our mood and social behaviour. For this reason, a lot of times, CBD is used for treating anxiety and depression.
- Helps in neurological disorders. Some researchers have a belief that CBD’s ability to work on the endocannabinoid system, along with other brain signalling systems, can have a positive effect on patients with different neurological disorders.
- Improves cardiovascular health. Recent studies show that CBD’s ability to reduce stress and depression can have several benefits for heart and circulatory system problems and high blood pressure.
- Reduces acne. Some of the reasons that cause acne include bacteria, overproduction of sebum, and underlying inflammation. Due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to reduce sebum production, it can be helpful in preventing acne.
So, those are some of the guides for purchasing CBD online. Follow these steps and consider these points to make your online purchase of CBD safe and convenient.
Image credit: Freepik
James Wallace has been an advocate for mental health awareness for years. He holds a master’s degree in counselling from the University of Edinburgh.