NHS Digital has today published its latest annual report on the local authority-employed adult social care workforce in England.
Personal Social Services: Staff of Social Services Departments, England 2019 covers the 113,300 workers employed by local authorities in adult social care services – accounting for approximately 6.9% of the total adult social care workforce in England.
Information in the report includes:
- The number of local authority adult social care jobs by job role and employer type
- The proportion of jobs with zero-hour contracts, by job role group
- The average number of hours per week which are worked by adult social care staff within local authorities
- Demographic data such as gender, age, ethnicity and pay
- Average number of sick days taken by adult social care staff in local authorities
- The report does not include information on staff employed in the independent sector (private and voluntary) or children’s social services departments (published separately by the Department for Education).
Image credit: Freepik
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.