NHS Digital has today published its latest annual report on the local authority-employed adult social care workforce in England.
Personal Social Services: Staff of Social Services Departments, England 2019 covers the 113,300 workers employed by local authorities in adult social care services – accounting for approximately 6.9% of the total adult social care workforce in England.
Information in the report includes:
- The number of local authority adult social care jobs by job role and employer type
- The proportion of jobs with zero-hour contracts, by job role group
- The average number of hours per week which are worked by adult social care staff within local authorities
- Demographic data such as gender, age, ethnicity and pay
- Average number of sick days taken by adult social care staff in local authorities
- The report does not include information on staff employed in the independent sector (private and voluntary) or children’s social services departments (published separately by the Department for Education).
Image credit: Freepik
Disclaimer: Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer here.