The journal Sociology of Health and Illness (SHI) is seeking reviews of 10 books dealing with various topics relevant to medical sociology. Book reviews should be around 800 words and are expected to be submitted within 8–10 weeks of receiving the book. The following titles are available for review:
1. Africa and Global Health Governance: Domestic Politics and International Structures (Amy Patterson, 2018)
2. America’s Arab Refugees: Vulnerability and Health on the Margins (Marcia Inhorn, 2018)
3. Depression and the Self: Meaning, Control and Authenticity (Tamara Kayali Browne, 2018)
4. Gender and HIV in South Africa: Advancing Women’s Health and Capabilities (Courtenay Sprague, 2018)
5. Geopolitics in Health: Confronting Obesity, AIDS, and Tuberculosis in the Emerging BRICS Economies (Edurardo Gomez, 2018)
6. Global Perspectives on ADHD (edited by Meredith Bergey, Angela Filipe, Peter Conrad, and Ilina Singh, 2018)
7. Imperfect Pregnancies: A History of Birth Defects and Prenatal Diagnosis (Ilana Lowy, 2017)
8. Mental Health in China (Jie Yang, 2018)
9. Model Behaviour: Animal Experiments, Complexity, and the Genetics of Psychiatric Disorders (Nicole Nelson, 2018)
10. Tangled Diagnoses: Prenatal Testing, Women, and Risk (Ilana Lowy, 2018)
If you would like to review one of these books for SHI, please get in touch with us as soon as possible (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
It would also help us greatly if you were to provide a sentence or two on your current academic status, so we can ensure that we offer opportunities to people across the career range and from a variety of disciplines associated with medical sociology.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you!
Gareth Thomas and Rebecca Dimond (Book Review Editors, Sociology of Health and Illness)
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.