Ten years ago, if someone discussed the idea of smoking hemp, you’d be watching over your shoulder while listening to such a risky topic. People used to fear hemp, and its contents like cannabidiol (CBD), because of its relation to marijuana and the idea that it might bring the same health and legal problems.
Since then, many studies and claims have provided better insight that hemp is nowhere near marijuana, and the body can benefit from it in different ways. Now that CBD is legal in various countries, people have become less fearful of the compound, especially since CBD is currently widely available in different forms. There are CBD oils, topicals, gummies, and, possibly one of the best tools to take the compound, cigarettes. Keep reading to know why CBD cigarettes should be your first hemp product with helpful tips before using.
Benefits of smoking CBD cigarettes
- Experience benefits fast. CBD cigarettes offer the fastest way to experience the compound’s effects. While inhaling, the CBD will quickly make its way to your lungs, bloodstream, and brain, taking only a few minutes for the benefits to kick in. Meanwhile, you have to wait for a while for other hemp products to have an impact while using.
- More convenient than vaping. Other people prefer vaping to get the effects of CBD quickly. Unfortunately, vaping devices have limitations like constantly changing oil or cartridge. Plus, you have to recharge your vape pens from time to time. So there will be moments where you have to wait a while to experience the effects of CBD. With hemp cigarettes, on the other hand, you just take out a stick, light it, and smoke. These cigarettes are cheaper than vape devices and their add-ons too.
- Doesn’t produce a high. The big difference between CBD and THC is that the latter produces a high, and it’s the main ingredient of marijuana. Since the law requires CBD products, like cigarettes, to have such a low amount of THC, you won’t have to worry about being addicted or intoxicated every time you smoke.
- Free from chemicals. Unlike tobacco, hemp cigarettes don’t contain any toxic chemicals that could trigger many chronic illnesses as the smoking progresses. These products are manufactured naturally from hemp flowers with no added ingredient like nicotine. As you may know, nicotine is the chemical that causes addiction in smokers. Without nicotine, CBD cigarettes are not addictive. Additionally, these products make a safer substitute for tobacco smokers trying to quit since they contain no harmful chemicals. They can also help manage some nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
- Helps with mood. Hemp cigarettes are known to provide a relaxing feeling for smokers. For instance, if you’re feeling stressed at work, you don’t have to reach out for a carton of tobacco cigarettes. Instead, you can go for CBD, a non-addictive substance that helps ease the mind. CBD can also help with psychological issues like depression and anxiety, meaning hemp can be an excellent alternative for therapeutic drugs and prevent dependence on it.
Ways to smoke cbd cigarettes
You can go pre-rolled or directly use flowers. But many still prefer cigarettes themselves. Brands like Oklahoma Smokes provide hemp cigarettes that ensure the right level of CBD and the legal amount of THC.
You won’t have difficulty figuring out the proper and law-abiding dose of CBD by purchasing ready-made cigarettes. In fact, you can immediately experience the benefits of the compound one stick at a time.
When smoking cbd cigarettes for the first time
Before you smoke, consult with a medical professional first and see if you can do so in the first place. There are certain CBD products that, if taken during medication, could interfere with the medicine’s effectiveness.
If you’re good to go, start slow and try to feel out how your body reacts. The effects of smoking CBD could last for up to three hours. Side effects don’t always happen, but others claim they experience fatigue, diarrhoea, and appetite change.
Don’t worry about drug tests. Since CBD cigarettes contain small amounts of THC, coming up positive on a test is unlikely. You’d have to smoke frequently and in large numbers, for that to happen. Of course, you have to check the product you’re buying first and determine if the chemical levels are compliant with the law. Remember that hemp cigarettes are supposed to be all-natural with no added flavour or chemicals.
Finally, hemp cigarettes may emit a smell similar to marijuana. It may be better to smoke it in your own space instead of doing it in public to avoid misunderstanding with the authorities.
A better way to experience CBD
Since CBD became a legal compound in the US, more hemp-based products have been commercially available to provide various experiences with hopefully the same health benefits.
Many claim that CBD cigarettes provide the best and most convenient way to consume hemp. It delivers the effects faster, with no harmful and addictive chemicals included.
Although these products are non-toxic, heavy smoking can still affect your lungs. So always smoke moderately to avoid any adverse effects on your health. Just take it easy and stay healthy.
David Tobin did his degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. He is interested in psychology, mental health, and wellness.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.