It’s true: we all need to be eating better and getting more exercise. Unfortunately, this isn’t as easy as it sounds. We all know that there are many barriers to healthy living like busy schedules, lack of time, and not knowing where to start.
Fortunately, science has found a way for us to reach our weight loss goals without even having to change our lifestyle. Here are 15 science-based ways to increase brown fat in the body.
What is brown fat?
Brown fat is a type of fat tissue that gives you energy without being used as energy. It can also burn calories even when your body is at rest. This is why it’s a great way to lose weight. The reason behind the discovery of brown fat is that in infants, they have a lot of brown fat.
This is because their bodies need to produce energy quickly when they are young. When you are an infant, you are constantly moving and acting. You get your energy from food and there isn’t much time to rest! As we age, our bodies start using more of this type of fat as our energy source.
This also explains why children have so much more energy than adults do: they must be burning off all that extra fat.
Brown fat actually has more similarities with white fat cells than it does with your regular white adipose tissue (WAT). They both have the same ability to store fat, but they have different functions. Brown fat cells are not just used for storing fat as they also burn calories. This is why it’s possible to burn off extra calories even when you aren’t doing anything.
The main difference between brown and white adipose tissue though is that brown fat is active during rest and doesn’t use up much energy. This means that you can lose weight while your body is at rest! You don’t even need to exercise.
Why is brown fat good?
Brown fat is good because it helps you lose weight without making any changes to your current lifestyle. If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you take in. Brown fat helps you do this efficiently. Even when your body is at rest, it can still burn off extra calories. This means that you can lose weight without having to exercise. Exipure helps to increase brown fat and is proven to lose weight nowadays.
15 Science-based ways to increase brown fat in the body
There are several things you can do to increase your brown fat. This is because it’s easy to increase your body’s own calorie burning ability. Let’s go over some of the ways that you can do this:
- Increase your resistance exercise. The best way to increase brown fat is through resistance exercise. It’s a safe way to boost your metabolism and burn calories when you are at rest. A study was done on overweight women who were given either resistance training or aerobic training for 12 weeks. The results showed that the women who had resistance training increased their amount of brown fat by 4.6%.
- Increase your caloric intake. If you are trying to increase your brown fat, you should be sure to eat a healthy diet. It’s important that you get plenty of fiber, antioxidants and other nutrients that help boost your immune system and improve your health in general. A study was done on obese women who were fed either a high-fiber or low-fibre diet for six weeks. The women who ate the high-fiber diet increased their levels of brown fat by 7%.
- Eat more omega 3 fats. Omega 3 fats are found in foods like walnuts, flaxseed and salmon. They are important for the production of brown fat and help to increase the amount of brown fat in your body. In one study, it was found that women who increased their omega 3 intake increased their amount of brown fat by 7%.
- Eat more fibre. Fibre is important for a healthy diet and to increase your intake of antioxidants. Foods that are high in fiber include whole grains, fruits and vegetables. A study was done on overweight women who were given either a low-fibre or high-fibre diet for six weeks. The results showed that the women who ate more fiber had a higher amount of brown fat than those in the low-fibre group (10%).
- Get enough vitamin D. Vitamin D is important for the production of brown fat and can be found in foods like fatty fish, egg yolks and some dairy products. In a study performed on overweight women, it was found that those who were given 1,000 IU of vitamin D daily for 6 weeks had an increase in brown fat of 10%.
- Exercise more. Exercise is one of the best ways to boost the amount of brown fat in your body. It helps to burn calories when you are at rest and helps to increase your metabolism. A study was done on overweight women who were given either aerobic exercise or resistance exercise for 12 weeks. The results showed that the women who had resistance training increased their amount of brown fat by 4.6%.
- Get enough blueberries. Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, which are important to boost your immune system and keep you healthy. They also contain a compound called anthocyanin, which helps to increase the production of brown fat in your body (1%–2%). In addition to eating blueberries, you can also consume foods that are high in anthocyanin. These include red wine and purple cabbage.
- Get enough vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps boost your immune system and keeps you healthy in general. In one study, it was found that people who consumed more vitamin C had an increase of brown fat by 6%.11 Other studies have shown that people who consume more vitamin C have an increase of brown fat by 12%–20%.
- Get enough zinc. Zinc is an important mineral for a healthy metabolism and can be found in foods like oysters, beef, nuts and beans. One study showed that people who consumed more zinc had an increase of brown fat by 10%.
- Get enough selenium. Selenium is important for a healthy metabolism and can be found in foods like Brazil nuts, chicken and turkey. In one study, it was found that people who consumed more selenium had an increase of brown fat by 8%.
- Get enough magnesium. Magnesium is important for a healthy metabolism and can be found in foods such as green leafy vegetables and whole grains. In one study it was found that people who consumed more magnesium had an increase of brown fat by 4%.
- Get enough vitamin E. Vitamin E is important for your immune system and can be found in foods like almonds, sunflower seeds and wheat germ. In one study it was found that people who consumed more vitamin E had an increase of brown fat by 6%.
- Sleep more. Sleep plays a significant role in your metabolism. A study conducted by the National Sleep Foundation revealed that people who sleep less than seven hours per night had a 17% lower metabolic rate than those who slept more than eight hours.
- Drink hot tea. Hot tea is an excellent source of antioxidants and can help boost your metabolism. It also contains catechins, which are powerful antioxidants that help promote weight loss (1%–2%).
- Eat a lot of brown fat-rich foods. Many people think they have to eat lots of red meat and fatty foods like butter and bacon to get enough calories to burn off. This is not the case. You can get all the calories you need from other sources. The only thing you need to eat a lot of is brown fat-rich foods like fish, nuts, and avocados.
Brown fat is a special type of fat that burns calories in your body. It’s known as the “good” fat because it helps burn calories and keep you healthy. Not only that, but brown fat plays an important role in regulating our metabolism by burning calories to produce heat.
Many people don’t know that they have more brown fat than white fat in their bodies. This is why they are at a higher risk of obesity and other related diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A lot of people think eating a lot of red meat will help them burn off more calories, but this isn’t the case at all. Eating red meat has been shown to have no effect on your weight loss or health at all. You can get all the necessary vitamins and nutrients for a healthy lifestyle without eating red meat at all if you eat fish, nuts, avocados, etc.
It’s true that there are some people who don’t have any brown fat in their bodies and therefore cannot burn calories. This is because they have a genetic mutation that prevents them from being able to make brown fat. However, there are many people who have a lot of brown fat in their bodies and can burn calories easily.
The only way for you to lose weight is by eating a lot of brown fat-rich foods and not eating red meat (and other high calorie foods).
Alicia Saville did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.