Salesforce is one of the most demanded certifications in today’s IT sector. It holds great value when it is about customer relationship management (CRM). It offers great success rise for professions from different sectors. Its value lies in many industries such as automotive, healthcare, media and communication, retail and finance.
From software engineers, project managers, architectures and designers, marketing professions and many others all professions can take this to add up to their resume. Beforehand, Salesforce offered as sales automation software. But now it serves in many fields providing cloud solutions for sales, communities, analytics, marketing, platform, apps and artificial intelligence.
Description and skills needed
Prepaway exam is for the applicants who are highly skilled in Salesforce personalisation and presentation, and those who are talented enough in leading, managing and traversing to make the best possible use of these platforms. To clear the exam, one should know how to sustain and customise the Sales Cloud & Sales cloud application. One should be skilled at governing data, users and security Visit Salesforce Admin. Applicant should know how to construct, assemble the reports, build workflows and dashboards. It consists of four exams.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator – The exam has a duration of 90 minutes, consisting of 60 questions that are multiple choice (MCQs) from Examsnap. To clear the exam, the candidate should score more than 65% of marks. The exam costs 200 USD for registration fees, while for a retake, the fee is 100 USD. There are no such thing as preconditions for Salesforce exams. But it suggested to take mock test such as Administration Essentials for New Administrators and Certifications (ADM201c), and Administration Essentials for New Admins(ADM201), and a few online courses before the exam.
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator – To be eligible for Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator exam, the candidates should clear the earlier exam. The candidate must be prepared as Salesforce Certified Administrator. For this one, Salesforce suggests passing Administration essentials for experienced administrators (ADM-211) course first. Unlike the previous exam, this one has 63 questions, which has to be answered in 90 minutes. The fee is the same for both the exams, i.e., USD 200 for registration and USD 100 for a retake.
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder – Candidates who are skilled at designing and implementing the formal custom application for Salesforce platform, can choose to get Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder certification. The App Builder exam requires people who have good engineering and programming skills than administration path. According to data released by Salesforce, this one requires mastery at the customisation tasks and declarative development present with the platform.
To clear this exam, one should have an understanding of the designing model of the data along with the user interfaces. Also, business-mindedness is required. The candidate should have knowledge of designing the reports, dashboards, and custom application.
The exam consists of 60 questions which are of the MCQ type, to be done in 90 minutes. Passing score is 65%. The registration and retake fee are 200 USD 200 100 USD, respectively. It requires no eligibility. But it suggests taking and passing Declarative Development for Platform App Builders (DEV402) exam first.
- Salesforces Certified Architects – This consists of three certifications that include Architecture Designer, Technical Architect, and Domain Architect. To be an architecture designer one has to be expert in any or multiple domains, each of them has different exams. Presently domain professions available are Access Management Designer, Salesforce Certified Sharing,Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer, Salesforce Certified Data Architecture & Management Designer, Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer, Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions and Architecture Designer.
To be certified as Domain Architects, there are two ways. One is Salesforce Certified Application Architects wherein one needs to be an expert in native Salesforce characteristics and process. Another one is Salesforce Certified System Architects that is about external system’s trial, command, and increment.
Technical Architects needs deep understanding in all present domains to make solutions technically and to enhance the potential of Salesforce platform. According to the information released by Salesforce, the System Architect Certification highlights more on the trials, command, and integration on external systems in the infrastructure of a company.
Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) requires clearing both the exams which go by the name Salesforce Certified Application Architect qualification and Salesforce Certified System Architect. This is also an MCQ based exam. It has registration fees 600 USD and retakes 300 USD. After these prerequisites are completed, then one can review in board exam. In order to clear this, you have to create a technical solution for the exam, and you’ll be asked about how you created it.
- Salesforce Certified Developer
It has three stages Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, and Developer II, Salesforce Certified Commerce Cloud Digital Developer. According to claims made by Salesforce, this emphasises on skills in handling Commerce Cloud Digital to solve problems in e-commerce field to build programmatic applications on the platform named Force.com.
For Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I – The candidate should be skilled in building customised and programmatic applications on the Force.com. To clear the exam, one should know the designing of business logic, data models, and user interfaces. The applicant should also have proper knowledge about developing custom applications with the help of prominent tools, like Apex and Visualforce. The exam consists of 60 questions which are of the MCQ type to be done in 105 minutes. To clear the exam, the candidate must score 68%. The registration and retake fee are 200 USD and 100 USD, respectively.
For Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II – The applicant needs to have advanced skills in connection to Force.com platform. Also, they can do data modelling to complete the development of business interfaces and logic which are very complex. To be eligible for this exam, the candidate must be already certified as Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I. The relevant skills required to clear the exam that one should have knowledge and experience of developing, design, deploy and test, reusable and robust programming solutions. Also, should have to follow OOP which stands for object oriented programming and Apex designing patterns practices. The exam consists of 60 questions which are of the MCQ type to be completed in 120 minutes. The passing marks is 63%. The registration and retake fees are 400 USD and 200 USD respectively. Also, strictly no online material or a hard copy can be referred at the time of this exam.
When it comes to pursuing a better career in Customer Relationship Management and achieving a better job status and opportunities, acquiring a certification in Salesforce is one of the best options to opt for. IT sector demands special characteristics and knowledge in multiple fields if one wishes to succeed in his/her career.
Wendy Whitehead worked as a teaching assistant at two special needs schools in London before embarking on a different career as a marketing consultant. Her passion for special education still remains with her, however. She is passionate about mental health and well-being and she write articles in these areas. Wendy did her undergraduate degree in business administration from the University of Leicester. She later on did a short course in counselling from the University of Hertfordshire.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.