The safety and health profession is experiencing a monumental shift, with more organisations than ever before recognising the importance of sound mental health and wellbeing within their workforces. Safety & Health Expo (SHE) is therefore proud to announce the introduction of a new, pioneering, Occupational Health & Wellbeing Zone for 2018.
The past year has seen a huge surge in press coverage around mental health, with public figures opening up about their own struggles and a far more open dialogue in wider society. More than ever, we’re seeing unquestionable evidence that our society requires working environments that better support employee mental health.
With a series of new features, initiatives, and speakers, including the captivating Ruby Wax OBE, we’re thrilled to announce that Safety & Health Expo is driving this shift within the profession, acting as the catalyst for this inclusive approach. Thanks to our partnerships with NEBOSH, HSE, IOSH and RoSPA, it’s a privilege to bring together major stakeholders to help drive these changes.
Register for your free badge here.
Occupational Health & Wellbeing Zone Features:
Market-leading exhibitors: BOHS, Randox Laboratories, Lifestyle Checkpoint, Eurofins Drug and Alcohol Testing, Cardiac Science Holdings
Seminars and sessions: (to name a few)
- Practical considerations for implementing mental health first aid, 12:30 – 13:00, 19 June
- Getting a good night’s sleep: The impact on fatigue on safety and how to deal with it in the workplace, 15:00 –15:30, 19 June
- Key skills for thriving, 11:00 – 11:30, 20 June
- Managing psychological well-being for positive business outcomes: Santander case study, 13:10 – 13:40, 20 June
- Creating Wellbeing™, 14:30 – 15:00, 21 June
- Panel discussion: Tackling suicide in construction, 15:10 – 15:50 , 21 June
- The Elevenses , 11:00 – 11.30, daily: This class will focus on releasing happy hormones for the day
- The Danger Zone, 15:00 – 15:30, daily: To help combat that afternoon lull
Inspirational speaker: Ruby Wax, OBE
Taking to the stage at Facilities 2018, 19 June, 11.30, Ruby will address the importance of good mental health as well as tackling the problems of communication within businesses and organisations, especially for leaders. Combining psychological insights with her understanding of writing and performing, and of course humour, Ruby helps both individuals and groups understand how to create an open, honest culture that encourages and succeeds. A hilarious yet essential education not to be missed by responsible employers and employees alike.
Safety & Health Expo takes place from the 19 – 21 June 2019 at ExCeL London. Get your badge by clicking here.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.