Most of us go through tough moments sometimes and of course, it is not easy. It seems like anxiety and stress are part of many humans these days. In the modern lifestyle, everybody seems to be in a hurry, always busy, stressed, and tired. If not all of us, most of us challenge ourselves and fight each day for personal and professional achievements. Doing that each and every day pushes us in a vicious cycle, thus leaving us with no free time about mental and emotional health.
Just think about it, as children, we tend to worry less and enjoy life more. As we grow we encounter many life challenges in school, at home, with friends and familiars. As students, we worry about grades, internships, loans, and the future in general. The more we grow the more we tend to worry. Maybe it is normal and we are living in stressful times and stress and anxiety are parts of our life.
Parents, in particular, look like they are the most stressful creatures on earth and we do not blame them at all. A parent has to work hard, make earn money, and save most of them in order to secure something for the kids and for retirement.
Today, they are facing another issue, the pandemic called COVID-19. The coronavirus is just another issue in the list of accelerators of stress and anxiety. This pandemic is making people lose their jobs, is increasing conflict and tension inside families. No doubt all these things and other things that we are not mentioning cause stress and anxiety.
How do I get rid of stress and anxiety?
All the things we mentioned above are true, but that does not mean that we cannot make a positive change. We have the power to turn things around and embrace a healthier mindset. Thinking positively and retaking control of our life should be the main objective. Sometimes we just want to be heard, sometimes we just need a long walk with the right person and other times simply stop and rest for a while. If we are in a serious state of stress or anxiety, we seek professional help. We need it, we should talk to experts in the field, arrange a meeting and be there. These professionals may help you a lot and also advise you to use proper medicine for it.
Using medicines may help you a lot in the short term, but it also has the chance of side effects and addiction. Because of this danger, there is a lot of research and scientific studies in progress, mainly to find natural solutions that help people without causing side effects.
One of the latest options to fight stress and anxiety is CBD. This hemp compound is natural and helps without causing addiction. It is very famous nowadays and people are using it a lot in many forms, mostly in the form of CBD oil. But, what are the natural remedies for helping stress and anxiety? Below we will make a list of the 5 most effective natural ways to fight stress.
How can I calm my stress and anxiety?
We cannot just calm stress and anxiety but retake control of our life by applying 5 simple natural remedies:
- Start exercising. Exercising regularly in a balanced way can be very beneficial. Balance is very important because if you push yourself too hard, the risk of injury increases, and with that also the chance of abandoning your exercises. You should not let this happen, instead, start slowly and try different exercises or sports until you find the ones that suit you the best.
- Meditate. Meditation is one of the most powerful tools to control emotions. In fact, with meditation, we regulate emotional and psychological state, manage stress, and eliminate it from our life. Meditate 15 minutes in the morning and do the same in the evening and you will feel the difference.
- Stick to a healthy diet. a healthy diet. Introduce yourself to healthy herbs like for instance Lemon Balm or Chamomile as these herbals help to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Spend more time with your loved ones. spending more time with family, friends, and pets. Support, love, and companionship are very beneficial to people with mental health issues such as anxiety.
- Cannabidiol oil. CBD oil is a very beneficial derivative of hemp that is not addictive. This product is available without a prescription and you can find it online or in many alternative shops. It has a lot of potential treating or reducing anxiety and stress. Here are some best ways to take CBD.
All these remedies are doable and applicable and because they are all-natural you do not have to worry about side effects, as there are none.
James Wallace has been an advocate for mental health awareness for years. He holds a master’s degree in counselling from the University of Edinburgh.