Food is at the heart of all gatherings. Whether you’re planning a small get-together or an absolute blow-out, we never forget to include food. Are you staying in and watching Netflix with your significant other? Pizza is the way to go. Do you have to bring a Christmas snack to a potluck? Gingerbread cookies are a saviour.
No matter what occasion it is, we celebrate with food. From Thanksgiving dinners to birthday parties, food has been a constant catalyst for bonding.
Before there is a rumble in your stomach and you run to the kitchen to cook something for the evening, stay back to read about one of the most delicious pizza recipes out there. Today, we are going to talk about how to make amazing chicken alfredo pizza with an outdoor pizza oven.
The magic of pizza
Pizza is appreciated by people of all ages. Pizza Hut, Domino’s, and countless other pizza chains are built on a simple recipe that has been altered for different taste palates throughout the century. It would be true to say that a good pizza can turn the mood of any dull party.
The chicken alfredo pizza is the best of both worlds: protein and bread. To top it off, the main talk of the night is how you can use your outdoor pizza oven to make the best chicken alfredo pizza there can be.
Before we move on to the recipe, let us introduce you to one of the leading suppliers of wood-fired pizza ovens in the US. Sabra Pizza makes the most reputable pizza ovens you can buy. The secret to their success is that they exclusively sell the best outdoor wood-fired pizza ovens you can find in the country.
The icing on the cake is that they are offering up to 30% off on all their ovens and free shipping within the mainland US. Check out their buying guide to figure out which wood-fired pizza oven will be best for you.
How to make amazing chicken Alfredo pizza with an outdoor pizza oven
Now, let’s get down to business. Here are the ingredients you will need to make your chicken alfredo pizza.
- Two chicken breasts
- Chopped up sage, rosemary, and thyme
- Peeled garlic
- Lemon Zest
- Smasher pan
- Olive oil
- Alfredo sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- Roasted red pepper
- Pizza dough
- White flour
- Thinly sliced onions
- Fresh Mozzarella
Preparing the Alfredo sauce
- The first step here is to melt the butter. Use a stovetop to make sure that the butter doesn’t melt down so much that it burns or turns brown.
- Once the butter has melted, throw in half a tablespoon of garlic. Let the butter absorb the garlic for 30 seconds.
- When the fragrance of the garlic and the butter gets strong, add half a cup of heavy cream.
- The next step is to add a third of a cup of parmesan cheese. Let all the ingredients cook slowly on a low flame. Make sure that it doesn’t come to a boil.
- Add some roasted red peppers for flavour. Follow up with a pinch of salt.
- Use a grater to add some fresh lime juice on top.
- Cook the sauce until all the ingredients get absorbed into a thick, creamy texture
Preparing the chicken
- One chicken breast can be used to make up to three pizzas. Depending on how many people you’re cooking for, flatten the chicken breast out. Put the chicken breast into a plastic zip bag, place it on a flat surface, and use the smasher pan to flatten the breast.
- Once you’ve tenderized the chicken breast, spread out some chopped-up sage, rosemary, and thyme on top of it.
- Add a bit of garlic, salt, and pepper, according to your taste.
- To add a zesty flavour to the chicken, grate some lemon on top.
- Melt some butter. You can use the stove or the oven to melt the butter. The oven might end up burning it so the stove would be the safer choice.
- Marinate the prepared chicken breast in a little bit of olive oil.
- Once the butter has melted, place the chicken breast in the pan and pop it into the oven. The temperature here would be 165 degrees.
Now that the alfredo sauce and the chicken breast are ready, your next job is to prepare the pizza dough. When preparing the pizza dough, avoid the rolling pin. Use your hands instead.
Spread out the dough lightly with your fingers. Then, pick up the dough and keep pressing it lightly to create a thin base for the pizza. Once the dough is nice and flat, dice up the chicken breast into fine pieces. You can also choose to dice big pieces depending on the crust of the pizza. For this recipe, cut the breast into small bites because we’re making a thin-crust pizza.
Spread the thick alfredo sauce over the pizza dough with a spoon. Don’t spread it to the edges and make sure that most of the sauce is in the middle. It’s time for toppings now. When topping the sauce, it’s essential to remember that the size of the toppings should match the thickness of the crust.
If the toppings are too heavy, they will weigh down on the crust and cut through it. The same goes for the number of toppings you use. If there are too many, they will break the crust. When you’re cooking a thin-crust pizza, remember that less is more.
Put small bites of the chicken on the crust. Top the bites up with thinly-sliced onions, and some spinach. Lay down some fresh mozzarella, followed by grated parmesan. To add more flavour, spread a pinch of salt on top.
Now comes the baking part. The standard baking temperature to cook a thin-crust pizza in a pizza oven is 600 degrees. Once the pizza is in, rotate it every 30 seconds. Your special chicken alfredo pizza will be ready within two minutes.
So there you go!
You have the recipe, and the oven, and now all you need is a party. Get those Evites ready and invite your family, friends, or relatives over for a pizza party. Add some beer and a movie into the mix and make a night of it.
Simona LeVey did her degree in psychology at Tel Aviv University. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.