Many people are looking for natural solutions that promote their health and beauty. However, it’s hard to know what actually works pretty best. People might have heard about the Ashwagandha root but don’t know about the lifetime pros the herb can deliver. No biggie, this is the right place to gather the right information about this miraculous ancient medicine.
What is Ashwagandha?
Since the classic era, ashwagandha has been in prominent use. It’s usually known as ‘Indian winter cherry’ or ‘Indian ginseng’. It’s an evergreen shrub that is grown in India and some other parts of Asia. Ashwagandha root powder is majorly consumed in today’s lifestyle, which people mix with honey or water. Daily consumption results in incredible advantages that a person will cherish in the future.
How is Ashwagandha used as medicine?
Ashwagandha is used in various ways such as paste form, solid supplements, and powder too. There are endless benefits one can derive from this therapeutic herb. However, many people use it in the form of powder which gives immense relief to certain conditions such as insomnia, constipation, nervous breakdown, and many more. The paste is prepared from the powder, which is applied for joint relief or bone pain. It’s due to its unlimited benefits that make the herb popular all over the world. Therefore, one can find Ashwagandha in Australia, the United Kingdom, and many other western countries.
Health and skincare benefits
- Moisturise the skin. People who have dry skin or in winters struggle with immense dryness. Ashwagandha can be a favorable medicine as it shields the skin against dry and rough skin.
- Do the deep cleaning. Cleaning the skin should be a regular habit. Add water and some essential oils in the ashwagandha powder to make a perfect cleansing mask that will remove all the dirt and impurities.
- Improve thyroid health. The thyroid is an organ that is situated at the back of the neck. One of the major thyroid disorders is Hypothyroidism which means the person has low levels of thyroid hormone. On the other hand, hyperthyroidism is connected to high levels. Consuming this natural herb improves thyroid concerns gradually.
- Battle against diabetes. Diabetes is a long-term condition that one needs to take care of sincerely. Ayurvedic medicines have shown tremendous results in curing diabetes without leaving any side effects in the body. With worldwide availability, one can order ashwagandha powder in Australia, US, UK, and everywhere else.
- Combat ageing. Very few portions of people around the globe know that this vital medicine stimulates DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which keeps the skin hydrated. It boosts the production of collagen and increases the crucial oils of the skin. In addition, it removes stress and lowers cortisol levels, which are also a key reason for aging.
- Treat normal skin issues. Generally, our skin goes through a lot of hurdles. With the development of industries, air pollution has increased, which harms the skin cells badly. Perhaps, it’s paramount to take care of the regular skin problems; otherwise, they may end up worse. Everyday skin problems such as cuts, bruises, skin inflammation, etc.
- Treat ulcers. Some studies have shown that ashwagandha is a natural remedy for treating stress ulcers and gastric ulcers. When the stomach problems are more, then it can lead to gastric ulcers. Plus, the physical and psychological stress can also uplift the risk of ulcers.
Pregnant women either consult the doctor once before consuming ashwagandha or avoid using it. It’s because it can cause early delivery. In addition, mild issues are reported by a few people such as sleepiness, headache, and stomach upset. If so, then one can stop using it.
David Tobin did his degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. He is interested in mental health and well-being.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.