The two RAs will be employed on the AHRC-ESRC-funded project Deathscapes and Diversity in multicultural England and Wales: Making space for minorities’ and migrants’ bodily remains and associated ritual and remembrance’. Using four case study towns in England and Wales and a variety of creative and participatory methods, the project will explore how the needs of migrants and established minorities are interpreted and met within existing public and private cemetery, crematoria and remembrance site provision, and how any shortfalls might be addressed through community participation and local authority planning. In addition to academic insights and outputs, the project will generate a policy report and visual exhibition, including photographs and models produced by participants which will be exhibited in the case study towns.
You will have:
- Academic qualifications in Human Geography, Planning or a related subject at MSc/MA level, and a PhD in a relevant subject by the time of appointment
- Expertise in deathscapes, urban and/or diversity issues
- Practical experience of qualitative research methods
- A good working knowledge of mixed, participatory/creative research methods
- An ability to organise and deliver public engagement activities
- A proven track record of publishing research in the peer-reviewed literature and experience of presenting and communicating research at academic conferences
- Good organisation skills, and self-motivation coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
Interviews will be held on the 31 January 2017
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
More details can be found here.
Source: University of Reading
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.