This FindEMR post is all about the price and reviews comparison of two top EMR contenders in the healthcare industry. You can get the overview and feature details of NextGen and Centricity EMR on every second website. That is why today, we will explore the pricing structure of both platforms. You might already know that these platforms have not revealed the price they charge for their services. And indeed, it’s puzzling your mind as to what we will cover here then. So, basically, we listed down the facts about their pricing details by consulting user reviews and product review websites. So, let’s open up doors to a whole new aspect in NextGen vs Centricity head-to-head comparison.
Centricity EMR pricing
Here’s a detailed overview of the pricing structure Centricity EMR offers for its users:
- Subscription. Centricity comes with an on-premise and cloud-based subscription option. The pricing structure of Centricity EMR varies for both plans. The cloud-based plan comes with a monthly pricing plan, whereas the on-premise solution is followed by a one-time license fee. In addition, an implementation fee is charged for both subscription options.
- Implementation cost. Centricity EMR charges a separate fee for the implementation services, as it is not included in the monthly pricing structure. It covers a project manager that helps set up the vendor with a strategic vision and a personalised workflow. Centricity’s implementation specialists assist practices to get up and running in a blink of an eye.
- Maintenance cost. There’s a maintenance cost to cover the upgrade implementation service. This service helps boost the system’s functioning to minimise the disruption in the clinical workflow. The maintenance cost is charged separately from the Centricity EMR pricing.
- Data migration. Providers don’t have to worry about losing their database while shifting to Centricity. It offers robust data migration services to secure patient records and prevents downtime with efficient data transfer. The cost charges for this service depend on the data volume.
NextGen EMR pricing
Unlike Centricity EMR, this software has not shared a detailed perspective of its pricing structure. To learn in-depth details about what it costs, you have to send a request to the vendor. However, here are a few things we gathered about the pricing packages of NextGen EMR by using user feedback.
NextGen EMR offers three different pricing packages depending on who the customer is, a solo practitioner, medical practice, or healthcare organization. Its basic plan is perfect for startups ramping up with a low patient influx.
- Charge. User feedback has revealed that the NextGen EMR offers a two-tier pricing structure. All its plans charge differently for doctors and nurses. It is something not commonly seen in EMR platforms.
- Training. The software offers training services at no extra cost. You can use these services to get your staff to learn the operations of this software. Even virtual courses are available to equip medical professionals with profound knowledge of the software’s true capabilities.
- Implementation. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to learn if the software’s pricing plan is inclusive of the implementation fee or not. For all we know, NextGen EMR comes with fast implementation services that work well no matter which pricing plan you choose.
- Data migration. Existing customers of NextGen EMR show that it charges low pricing for data migration. Shifting to this solution is no hassle, for all the client databases are securely transferred.
For the current pricing structure, you should contact the sales team of NextGen EMR.
NextGen vs Centricity EMR reviews
We know deciding on a vendor is not just based on the price structure. Even though it is considered an essential factor, the reviews also hold a special significance. You can’t know how capable an EMR system is without having practical experience, and that’s where the user feedback jumps in. Let’s say what reviews say in NextGen vs Centricity EMR comparison.
Centricity EMR reviews
Centricity EMR reviews are all praises about its customizable nature. The software puts the element of flexibility in all its services instead of just featuring custom templates. Also, this clinical platform assists medical professionals by supporting their clinical decisions. Adding to it, it allows for easy navigation and adding the most used features in the favorite icon, which saves time. Also, it comes with an impressive layout to soothe tired clinical professionals.
Reviews of Centricity EMR illustrate that it is a competent solution that knows how to keep its promises to the clients. It doesn’t let the users down no matter what. There are some rumors about its security levels, but reviews show that Centricity EMR keeps all databases secured by maintaining high-grade security. Some user reviews state that Centricity EMR comes with a relatively high price tag and is out of the range of solo practitioners.
Nextgen EMR reviews
Now coming to NextGen EMR reviews to end this one-on-one comparison for good. NextGen EMR software also entails a reasonable user satisfaction rate, as shown by its reviews. This healthcare solution offers intuitive services that run on next-level technology. According to reviews, NextGen EMR is lauded for equipping its users with the latest healthcare technology. In addition, it drives clinical success by enabling users to scale for it grows with their growth.
It is a low-priced solution as it charges a reasonable amount for its fine-grade features. Reviews show that, like Centricity EMR, this solution also offers military-grade security to prevent data loss and third-party interventions. Also, it impeccably handles the revenue stream boosting the profitability rate of practices so they can propel their business faster. However, a significant drawback of this solution is that its report generation tool is too complex and requires IT expertise.
Being a rational person, you can decide which solutions are better for your clinic. Visit their websites and set up a demo to explore the features offered by both platforms. Our evaluation says that NextGen EMR wins the pricing round for its exceptional training services, including virtual courses. And as far as Centricity EMR is considered, it scores the ground in the reviews section. So, what’s your pick in the NxtGen vs Centricity EMR comparison?
Helen Baumeister did her degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.