Are you considering giving up smoking as your New Year’s resolution for 2022?
Ditch the cigs in 2022
In recent years one of the most popular and successful methods for quitting smoking has been to ditch the cigarettes and pick up the vape pens and e-cigs instead!
As a less harmful method for satisfying your nicotine cravings, vaping is the perfect alternative for smokers. If you are still thinking about what your New Year’s resolution should be for January, Original C have explained why quitting smoking should be your New Year’s resolution and how vaping is the ideal solution.
‘Quitting smoking’ in the top 5 New Year’s resolutions
You will often find quitting smoking is typically within the top 5 New Year’s resolutions amongst the population every year. Each year more and more smokers look to give up this bad and unhealthy habit, for a number of reasons. Whether this is to lead a healthier lifestyle, to benefit their loved ones, or to simply save some money.
Do you feel you have tried every possible solution to give up smoking? A switch to vaping may be the solution you are looking for.
There is more than one reason to quit smoking
If the clear health benefits can’t sway you, there are a number of surprising facts about quitting smoking that you may not have heard of before, here are just a few:
- Quitting smoking will actually bring your stress levels down.
- Non-smokers are twice less likely to have a heart attack.
- According to the NHS, non-smokers are far more attractive to their partners.
- In addition, you may notice your sex drive increase.
- Quitting smoking could save you money each year.
Considering quitting? Vaping could be the answer.
Switch to vaping
As a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes, the vaping industry has seen a real surge in the number of smokers opting to vape as a way to quit smoking cigarettes completely. Smokers tend to find this is an easier method, since they can continue to receive a throat hit and a nicotine hit. All without the toxins and chemicals found within cigarettes. Public Health England deem vaping 95% safer than cigarette smoking.
The vaping facts and figures
Research and clinic trials within the UK have found a number of factors which suggest vaping could be the most successful method for quitting smoking:
- Published in 2019, a UK clinical trial discovered using e-cigarettes combined with support from experts, smokers were twice as likely to succeed in their goal of quitting smoking. This is compared with the use of other products like nicotine patches and gum.
- In 2017, research found that more than 50,000 smokers were able to stop smoking thanks to the use of a vaping product during their efforts to ditch cigarettes. That is an incredible number of smoker realising the benefits of vaping.
- Evidence shows that as the use of vaping products increases in an attempt to quit smoking, the number of successful quits also increases.
Quitting smoking doesn’t have to be a drag
Using an e-cigarette provides a quitting smoker with a very similar sensation to smoking a cigarette. Making the switch much easier. By using an e-cigarette, you will continue to enjoy many aspects of smoking such as inhaling, exhaling, receiving a ‘throat hit’ etc.
An e-cigarette can really help to fill the void. With a wide range of e-cigarette kits and e-liquid flavours to try, why not make this your New Year’s resolution?
Alicia Saville did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She interested in mental health and well-being.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.