181 total views, 1 views today
Did you know 25% of men under the age of 30 will start suffering from hair loss? However, in an image-conscious, Love Island-obsessed world, hair thinning and hair loss continues to be a taboo subject for men as images abound of full heads of shiny, healthy hair. While many men are looking for help to hang onto their hair, knowing where to go for advice and the products and services available can be a minefield.
Consultant dermatologist and hair expert, Dr Sharon Wong, has founded Get Ahead of Hair Loss, in a bid to arm consumers and hair professionals with the right information about what is available, what works – and more importantly what doesn’t!
The event – to be held at 1 Wimpole Street, London, on 22nd September – sees speakers from the worlds of hairdressing, trichology, aesthetics and products come together to dispel common hair myths, talk about experiences with hair loss, and offer style and product advice.
There will be a special Men’s Hair Loss session, in association with MANUAL, which will focus on the symptoms of male pattern hair loss, the treatments on the market and whether a hair transplant is the only option. TV hairdresser Jamie Stevens will look at styling solutions to disguise your thinning hair, while eminent transplant surgeon, Dr Bessam Farjo, will be looking at the pros and cons of having a hair transplant. Psychologist Dr Alex Mizara will be delving into the psychological effects of losing your hair.
What to expect
- Top trichologists dispel common hair myths
- Find out more about hair and scalp issues such as traction alopecia in our special Afro Hair session, in association with Project Embrace
- Our psychology session discusses the psychological effects of hair loss. Our psychologist Dr Alex Mizara will be talking to panellists including TV personality Michelle Heaton, a student who lost her hair while sitting her GCSE, blogger Jay-Ann Lopez from Curlture UK and blogger Perry O’Bree
Tickets are £89 and include a limited edition goodie bag worth £50, lunch and refreshments throughout the day and the opportunity to talk to our experts in our Q&A panels.
A recent hair loss survey carried out by talkhealth revealed that:
- 36% of respondents don’t know what causes hair loss and thinning and are looking for solutions and advice.
- 47% of respondents have tried a shampoo, with 40% looking for supplements to encourage growth.
- 84% had bought a wig privately but were looking for advice and suggestions.
Special offer for Psychreg readers
The event is offer in Psychreg readers £20 off the ticket price when you use the code GAOHL2019. You can book the ticket via Eventbrite.
Some of our contents and links are sponsored. Psychreg is not responsible for the contents of external websites. Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice, nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.