10–12 July 2018, University of Bath
Conference theme: Mobilising change: Creative and critical leisure practices in the post-disciplinary era
Hosted by the Physical Culture, Sport and Health Research Group
For details, visit the conference website.
Abstract submission process and key dates
- Abstracts should be submitted by 01 February 2018
- Notification of decision will be made by 01 March 2018
- We welcome abstracts to be submitted either to the conference themes or planned conference sessions. Please see the visit the conference website for information about the themes, sessions, and submission guidelines.
- We are also welcoming poster submissions for the Images of Research competition. Please see the conference website for guidelines.
The Conference Committee invites the submission of abstracts for papers that align with the aims of the conference:
- To facilitate critical and creative dialogue that responds to the sociopolitical complexity of leisure practices, formations, and organisation in contemporary life.
- To invite diverse disciplinary perspectives, methodological and theoretical approaches from within, and beyond the field, to situate the study of leisure within in a post-disciplinary future.
The conference seeks to mobilise critical and creative insights, relationships and collaborations between academics, and also with non-academic participants who have been involved in co-created research (artists, activists, policy makers and professionals).
Six themes have been identified around leisure problematics, contexts, and interrelated matters of concern. These are:
- Digital and physical cultures
- Embodied health and well-being
- Critical pedagogies in public and education spaces
- Co-creating research: innovative methodologies
- Inequality, power, and change
- Sustainable communities: people and places
Please see the conference website or contact email@example.com for further enquiries. Follow us on Twitter @lsa_2018
LSA Conference Committee