Without a doubt, yoga is an ancient spiritual and healing science that is practiced across the world today. With more and more people understanding the benefits that yoga offers, it is becoming an intrinsic part of life. Yoga, apart from benefiting the physical body in terms of strength, stamina, and rejuvenation, also impacts the largest organ of the human body. You can find out all the details in depth only in the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
You should know how yoga can benefit your skin. But you have to remember one thing. You have to practice it consistently to get the benefits. There are no overnight cures.
How yoga can benefit your skin
Before you start knowing about the yoga poses that will benefit you, know about how yoga can help your skin glow.
- It reduces your stress levels and helps you sleep well. When you sleep well, the body is relaxed. So, your skin also renews itself and cell repair also takes place. Your skin will glow after a good session of yoga.
- It may also decrease your inflammation. As the skin repair takes place well, after sessions of yoga, you will not feel any inflammation.
- When you do yoga, you will be able to increase the blood supply to the head and face.
Now, you know how yoga can help your skin glow from within. Choose the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh to gain maximum knowledge of yogic kriyas.
Yoga poses for glowing skin
This is the first pose that will help you get the above-mentioned benefits. It is also called the forward fold pose. A beginner can also do this pose very easily. You need to start in Tadasana. This pose is essential in sun salutations as well.
If you practise this pose properly, you will be able to get an intense stretch. It is great for the hamstrings and the back muscles. This asana combines the benefits of forward folds and inversions. The head also moves to the level of the heart, thus increasing blood flow. The facial skin also gets a steady supply of oxygenated blood. Thus leading to glowing skin.
- So, starting from the standing pose, Tadasana, you have to exhale and bend downward from the hips.
- It is a head-to-knee pose in which you engage the quadriceps.
- They are drawn up towards the ceiling in this pose.
- You have to align the hips over the ankles. Inhale and move up.
This is another beneficial pose if you want to bring a healthy glow to the face. This benefits you in many ways, one of them being, that it helps in curing digestive issues. Stomach disorders generally show up on the skin.
- You simply have to lie down on the back, on the floor or mat. Lift the legs slowly, along with the torso.
- Now, you have to lower the legs on the other side of the head.
- The feet have to touch the floor.
- Your body should look like an arch in this pose.
- You can keep the hands by your side, with palms down, for support.
- Continue to breathe and stay in the pose for a minute or so.
Once you get the stomach juices and the digestive system to work properly, you can expect your skin to glow with health. This is an extremely easy pose for yoga practitioners of all levels.
Ardha pincha mayurasana
This is another pose that you can practice regularly to bring a healthy glow to your face and body.
- You can start from the tabletop position, lowering the forearms to the floor.
- In the meantime, you have to remember to tuck the toes under the hips and lift the hips. Both the hips should point towards the ceiling.
- Spread the fingers of your hands to support yourself and keep them shoulder-width apart.
- You have to make sure to keep the spine long in this pose. The toes of the feet also face forward, with the feet placed hip-width apart.
- Your heels must press into the floor with your legs straight.
- You must allow the neck and head to hang freely.
- This is to be held for some time.
If you practise this asana regularly, the blood flow to your brain is bound to increase. The pose boosts blood circulation and you will notice a healthy glow on your face.
This pose of yoga for skin glow works towards giving you a glowing complexion.
- Lie down on the floor in a prone position. Bend your legs from the knee while keeping your knees hip-width apart.
- Extend your hands behind you and grab the ankles.
- Inhale and lift your whole body from the floor, balancing on the core muscles.
- Exhale and slowly come out of the position.
This yoga pose can help improve the blood circulation within the body, thus sending extra blood to the face, as the heart and head are at the same level. You have to do a backbend, which is quite easy for beginners as well.
- Sit in padmasana.
- Gently bend backward and try to place the crown of the head on the floor.
- Lift the chest up and hold the feet or big toes with your hands.
- Maintain this pose for a few breaths and then return to the normal position in the same way you moved in.
You can practice the above poses and also learn many other beneficial ones in the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. You can expect to get the best guidance from trained experts in Rishikesh, the origin of the yogic sciences. Joining a course will help you gain the best expertise in the subject as well. There are quite a few other things that you must inculcate into your lifestyle. They include eating fruits and raw salads and keeping yourself hydrated. These will also aid you in keeping the skin glowing. So, go for the best school and enrol now!
David Radar, a psychology graduate from the University of Hertfordshire, has a keen interest in the fields of mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.