Job title: Associate Lecturer or Lecturer
Job ID: 61380
Department: The Kirby Institute
About the role
- Level A or B $73K – $121K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed-term for 1 year with an option to extend
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Australia’s leading institute for the study of the clinical, epidemiological and social aspects of HIV and sexually transmissible infections is recruiting an academic position perfect for an early career researcher. Come join the diverse and dynamic teams of the Sexual Health Programme and the Surveillance, Evaluation & Research Programme.
Sexual health, evaluation and surveillance-based research all require diverse perspectives and so this role is open to those from different academic backgrounds. Although some understanding of HIV, sexually transmissible infections and public health is desirable, of most importance here is a sense of drive, the ability to problem solve, and an ambition to improve our understanding of health and behaviour.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications in public health, epidemiology, psychology, biostatistics or a similar relevant field (Level A)
- Postgraduate qualifications (PhD or equivalent) public health, epidemiology, psychology, biostatistics or a similar relevant field (Level B)
- Demonstrated experience working with, analysing and managing datasets (Level A)
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets (Level B)
This is a one-year position with an option to extend. The ideal candidate will be prepared to hit-the-ground-running with analysing large quantitative datasets and, if relevant, some qualitative data as well. For more information on the kinds of research that these programs undertake, please click here or contact Denton Callander for more information.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Denton Callander, Research Fellow, Sexual Health Program
T: (61 2) 9385 9958
Applications close: 28 March 2018
Source: University of New South Wales
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.