During a conference in 2000, a number of participants realised they shared a common interest, approach and concern about Sickness and Health in the 21st Century. From this initial encounter and subsequent discussions the concept for an International Conference dealing with the critical scholarship of power, practice and ethics in healthcare was born. From a handful of like-minded individuals, and via two international conferences, the community has grown to now include hundreds.
The Helsinki 7 is now comprised of 10 individuals as follows:
- Kristin Bjornsdottir, Professor, Faculty of Nursing, Division of Health Sciences, University of Iceland
- Niels Buus, Associate Professor, Health, Man and Society Research Unit, University of Southern Denmark
- Christine Ceci, Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Canada
- Denise Gastaldo, Associate Professor, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dave Holmes, Professor and Director, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Sioban Nelson, Professor & Dean, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Canada
- Amélie Perron, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Anthony Pryce, Professor of Sociology & Head of the Department of Applied Psychosocial Sciences, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- Mary Ellen Purkis, Professor and Dean, Faculty of Human & Social Development, University of Victoria, Canada
- Trudy Rudge, Professor, Sydney Nursing School, University of Sydney, Australia
Disclaimer: Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer here.