Last Friday marked the 15th year since the UK’s indoor cigarette smoking ban came into force. Although there has been a reduction in the total number of cigarette smokers in the UK since the ban, in 2020, there were over half a million hospital admissions because of smoking.
Moreover, thousands of us are still turning to Google to ask questions about smoking every month.
Bupa’s health expert answers the 10 most commonly Googled questions about smoking cigarettes
- What are the effects of smoking?
- How long does it take to quit smoking?
- What withdrawal symptoms will I get if I stop smoking?
- What happens if I smoke during pregnancy?
- Can hypnotherapy help you stop smoking?
- Can smoking cause headaches?
- Can smoking cause asthma?
- Can smoking cause chest pain?
- How does smoking affect your lungs?
- Does smoking help relieve stress?
Quitting smoking isn’t easy, but it remains the leading cause of preventable illness.
Dr Tim Woodman is a health expert at Bupa Insurance.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.