Are you into contracting business? Do you want to make your business more visible? Using a banner is one of the most distinctive ways of highlighting your brand. However, when it comes to making the banner clearer and more readable, you must focus on an appropriate material. Apart from the banner serving a promotional purpose, it also creates a barrier between the site of the construction and the public.
Materials to pick
You need to look for signs and banners that are catchy and attract the attention of the viewers. However, the material of the banner is an important consideration. For a construction site, you must select a material that may endure a lot of wear and tear. Besides, you need to test how the design looks on different materials.
Using contrasting colour schemes
One of the significant elements of customising a banner for the construction site is using contrasting shades. The colours you select must create contrast that aligns with theme of your company and reflect the essence you want to create. However, you must leverage bright and dark shades so that the message and the company name on the banner are easy to read. Try to compare different shades so that you can easily recognise the message. Putting on the shoes of customers allow you to envisage the best option.
Imagery and size
When designing a custom banner for your construction business, you need to give it the best shot. Here is what you must remember.
- The banner needs to reflect professional imageries, so you may require hiring the experts to create the best designs.
- Colours play a vital role initially as it makes people view the banner.
- The images must create an appealing design and care should be taken to avoid making it look cheap.
- If you are planning to use large-format custom banners, make sure the imagery is clearly visible.
- You cannot judge the patience of every viewer but the banner design must appeal to the people irrespective of their age groups.
- Try to refrain from using very small banners as it may make the message difficult to read and may not block the construction site.
- Personalization of the banner must include detailed information and pictures about your site, so using vinyl material may be the right option.
- The banner message may also thank the people or partner involved in the construction process.
Using simple and short messages
When using texts in the banner, you need to try to make it short and simple. The shorter and simpler the messages are, the better it is for people to recognize the essence of the message. Apart from the text, you need to make it readable from a close distance. Therefore, the message must be bold and big. The colours of the letters should also contrast with the colour scheme of the banner; otherwise, they may not stand out.
- The messages must create a positive impression on the viewers and make them feel like talking about your company or products with others. They need to understand what they are looking at.
- The message must contain information about your company, its contact details and URL so that people can visit your site at their convenience.
- You may use past customer testimonials or positive reviews to convince people that you are the right choice for them. However, keep it short and simple.
- You may also use a slogan that can portray your company’s dedication towards delivering the best to customers.
Making it stand out from the crowd
In case you plan to make big banners, they must create an impact on viewers and help differentiate from other construction site banners. The design should be catchy and people should immediately understand that it belongs to your company. However, the banner should not look like an advertisement or commercial; otherwise, people may think of you as a fraud. The design and text must be appealing and only then they will visit your site and learn about your products and services.
- The banner must create a positive impression on the viewers and help them empathize with your company.
- The banner must stand out from the crowd and contain all the necessary information to guide people.
Using vinyl banners may be a good option for outdoor usage, though you can also use fabric or other materials to create beautiful construction site banners. The message should be visible from a close distance and look appealing. The material must be able to stand against bad weather conditions and should also show resistance to fading.
- You need not worry about the durability of the banner material while designing it for outdoor usage. Vinyl banners can last longer than fabric banners and other materials.
When you plan to take your construction company to the forefront, the banner you create must represent your brand. Including a call to action defines the purpose of the advertisement. No matter how eager you may be when designing a banner for your construction business, you need to stay cautious about the business information to include for the best outcome.
Helen Bradfield did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health and well-being.