Severe injuries, dental emergencies, and oral disease are things you cannot take carelessly. They are serious problems and require dental care. If you avoid these problems, you increase the risk of oral damage. Moreover, you might require costly treatment at a later stage. Dental emergencies take place so quickly that you will have no option for tackling them. Hence, you will have to take care of your dental health to prevent these issues.
First and foremost, you have to be familiar with an oral health emergency. You have to know how to tackle and the best ways of preventing the same. Various dental practices will help you with emergency numbers for receiving urgent care during peak times. Whether it is a lost filling or cracked tooth, you cannot take your dental care casually. The longer you wait, the worse the problem becomes.
Different categories of dental emergencies you must know
There are various types of dental emergencies that you will have to explore. These are common emergencies that require different treatments. Hence, you have to learn about these to safeguard your tooth.
- Toothache. Earache, toothache, or headache are nothing but a cause for concern. If you are undergoing the problem, you will first have to rinse the mouth with warm water. If you experience swelling, you can use a cold compress on your mouth or cheek. You may also take some pain killer to deal with the pain. However, never go for severe pain relief because the dentist never prescribes them. When you experience extreme pain, it’s always better to get in touch with a dentist.
- Cracked tooth. To deal with this problem, you can use warm water for rinsing the mouth and cleaning the area. You may also use a cold compress against your mouth or face to deal with the swelling. Get in touch with the dentist because the cracked tooth needs proper rectification. Any injury may result in a broken tooth.
- Broken teeth. Cracked teeth lead to broken teeth. If you experience a lump or reddish flesh inside your mouth, it’s because of the broken tooth. Hence, you will have to see your dentist as soon as possible.
- Permanent tooth loss. Severe injury leading to permanent tooth loss needs immediate attention. It would help if you had treatment for rectifying the problem. You can take the help of Dublin Dental Care who are well known for their on-time treatment and success rate. They have an excellent professional record of placing teeth in the original place, with the help of modern equipment.
- Bleeding from the mouth. Mouth bleeding is another cause of worry that might lead to a dental emergency. If you experience blood in the dental floss, it can be because of gum disease or gingivitis. In the case of blood in the saliva, you only have to go to your dentist. It’s an indication of severe oral health issues that can be because of multiple reasons.
Oral disease, extruded teeth, or partially dislodged teeth are some of the other causes of concern. Injured gums, lips, or tongue and mouth injuries need proper attention. You cannot take these issues casually.
Ellen Diamond did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health and well-being.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.