Henna is a beautiful part of Asian weddings and other special occasions. However, the actual game begins when you have to remove henna from the skin because you know it is relatively easier said than done. If you are looking for ways on how to remove henna tattoos from the body, look no more, as we have covered some easiest tips for you to follow.
There is no doubt that henna looks gorgeous when the stain is dark and proper, but once it has started fading away, it ruins the entire look of that hand. In order to save you the trouble of waiting patiently over getting henna removed from your hand, there are specific tips in this article for you to get it done quickly.
How to remove henna from the skin?
Here are some of the most common and easiest tips for how to remove henna tattoos from the body.
Lemon has natural stain removing and skin lightening properties that help significantly in removing henna from the skin. However, don’t forget to do a patch test before since lemon can prove to be irritating for sensitive skin types. Here is how you can use lemon to see the results:
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Start rubbing the lemon gently on the body part that has henna stains for around two or three minutes.
- Once done, rinse the lemon juice using warm water.
- Now dry your skin and apply the moisturizer that you use on a regular basis.
Since henna does not penetrate the skin and only dyes the upper layer of the skin, the exfoliating scrubs can prove to be helpful in removing it. Here is how you can use an exfoliating scrub to see results:
- Soak the tattooed hand in warm water first.
- Cleanse the hand correctly.
- Use an exfoliating scrub and start rubbing on the tattooed part for around five to 10 minutes.
- Rinse the scrub using warm water.
Micellar water may be the gentlest cleansing solution out there; however, it has also shown results in removing colour from the skin. Here is how you can use micellar water to remove henna from hand:
- Apply some micellar water on the wash cloth.
- Start rubbing it gently on the hand having a henna tattoo.
- Because it is very gentle, you can easily use it on any body part.
For the tattoos on arms or legs, shaving the hair can also help remove the henna because it exfoliates the skin.
- Use shaving cream and a clean razor.
- Start shaving the area having the henna tattoo.
- After done, moisturize the area to avoid any skin burns or irritation.
Warm water and soap
Using warm water and soap on the area tattooed with henna can help you get rid of the henna stain. Here is how you have to use it:
- Apply soap on your hand that has a henna tattoo
- Scrub the soap using a sponge or your hands
- Now rinse it with warm water. Repeat it twice or thrice a day to see better results
- Don’t forget to moisturise your hands to avoid dryness
Using oils like baby or coconut oil also does the job like micellar water because they help pull out the dye and fade its colour. Here is how you can use the oils to remove henna from the skin:
- Apply an even coating of baby or coconut oil on the hand or body part that has henna.
- Leave it for around 10–20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Since it does not dry out the skin, you can use it anywhere.
Water and salt
Since salt is quite famous for removing impurities from the body, try it to remove henna as well. Here is what you need to do:
- Take a bowl full of water.
- Add around two or three spoons of salt to the water.
- Stir it till the salt particles are entirely mixed.
- Dip your hands in this saltwater solution or take cotton balls to apply it on the hand.
- Wash it off after five to ten minutes and pat your hands dry.
- Long periods of soaking may end up drying your skin. Therefore, don’t forget to moisturise it afterward
Baking soda is usually found in most stain removal products because it is a great product to see significant results. Here is how you can use baking soda to remove henna from hand:
- Take 3–5 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Squeeze lemon juice in this powder.
- Stir the mixture until an even and thick paste is formed.
- Apply this paste to the tattooed area and leave it for around 10–15 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Use it twice a day, and don’t forget to moisturise your skin afterward.
Just a simple massage of olive oil, and you can quickly get rid of the chunks of henna. Here is how you can use it to see the results:
- Take olive oil in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in it.
- Swipe this dipped cotton ball across your henna design.
- If the process seems slow, adding salt can hasten the results.
- Allow this oil to penetrate the skin for around ten minutes.
- If your hands are not oily, don’t wash them off.
The hair conditioner that you use to condition your hair can also help you in removing henna. All you have to do is:
- Apply the conditioner on the body part having a henna tattoo.
- Let the skin absorb the conditioner thoroughly.
- Later, rinse it off with warm water.
- Moisturize your skin after washing off the conditioner to avoid dryness.
How to remove white henna?
White henna is different from the ordinary henna that we use. Because in reality, it is not henna but a white paint that gives a henna look. It is made from different cosmetic ingredients to provide that beautiful henna looks to your body. So, therefore, removing white henna is also other than the usual procedures.
Just because it is just a kind of paint, it can get removed on its own without going through any hassle. However, if you want it removed on the same day, here is what you need to do.
- Apply regular body soap on the area tattooed with white henna.
- Exfoliate your skin for few minutes.
- And it is gone!
While all the tips mentioned are safe to use, if you have sensitive skin, we recommend doing a patch test before going any further and checking if your skin doesn’t react.