A disposable vape kit is a use-and-throw vape pen, designed for a specific usage time. It is a question everyone interested in owning one asks. A Disposable Vape Kit’s life also depends on the company you are buying from or if they are cheaper disposable vapes.
The quality, frequency of usage, and brand generally are good indicators as to how long a disposable vape kit lasts.
Factors that determine how long a disposable vape kit lasts
There are a lot of factors that determine the life of a disposable vape kit, let’s take a look at them in a detailed manner.
- Price. Price is always an important indicator of the life of a disposable vape kit. The cheaper the Vape kit is, the less it will last. Of course, it is not always true for every company as some would keep the price lower to enter the market and build a stronghold before increasing it. But generally, cheaper disposable vape kits mean the lifeline is shorter than a premium-priced kit.
- Battery. The battery capacity of a disposable vape kit is the basic tool to measure how long a vape kit will last. Most of the disposable vape kits have on average 4000–5000mAh batteries installed in them. The bigger the battery size the larger the disposable vape kit’s life. So basically expect the battery of an average disposable vape kit to last between 4–6 days.
- Usage of the disposable vape kit. The usage of the disposable vape kit is a good denominator to judge the life of a vape kit. If you are a frequent user of a disposable vape kit then the life of the vape pen will be much shorter than say if you are using the disposable vape kit once every week. The usage of the disposable vape kit will also determine when you will need to buy a new disposable vape kit. Frequent users would have to buy a new vape kit every 3–4 days.
- E-liquid. E-liquid is what makes a disposable vape kit. Without E-liquid there is no vape kit at all. Generally, a disposable vape kit has a 2ml to 4mL capacity, depending on the company. E-liquid is a pre-filled liquid whose consumption forms the vapor in disposable vape kits.
- Quality. Quality and pricing go hand in hand when it comes to disposable vape kits. It is a pretty general thing everywhere anyway. A branded disposable vape kit will last a lot longer than an unknown brand’s disposable vape kit. An unknown brand is less reliable because the chances of a disposable vape kit experiencing malfunction are a lot more than a branded company’s vape kit.
Is there any way you can know the lifespan of a disposable vape kit?
There are again a lot of ways you can make out the lifespan of a disposable vape kit. You should be able to tell when the disposable vape kit has run its course with the following factors.
- Battery life. When the battery dies of the disposable vape kit, it is as good an indicator as any that the vape kit has reached its end life. The light indicator on the disposable vape kit will stop blinking when the battery runs out, that is when you will know the battery has died. Some disposable vape kits come with a rechargeable battery now, so if you own one then you can recharge your battery, but if you don’t own a rechargeable disposable vape kit then it is time to throw the current one out and buy a new one.
- No vapour. This is a pretty basic way of knowing your disposable vape kit has reached its end cycle. When the disposable vape kit stops producing any sort of vapour despite repeated drags then it means that your disposable vape kit is done. You will notice the vapour becoming thinner and thinner as you vape consistently, it is a good indicator to know that your disposable vape kit is about to run out of producing vapour.
- Burnt flavour smell and taste. When you drag through the disposable vape pen and the taste of the drag is burnt then that indicates that your vape pen has run out of E-Liquid, and the taste that you are experiencing is the taste of the heated coil of the battery. Also, if you start experiencing no smell from your drags then chances are that your disposable vape kit has run out of the pre-filled flavour. Time to buy a new one then.
Is there any way you can extend the lifespan of a disposable vape kit?
Of course, there are a few ways you can try and extend the life of a Disposable Vape Kit. There are no certain guarantees that they will extend the lifespan but the least you can do is try. If successful, you would be spared from buying a new disposable vape kit every 4–5 days.
- Keeping the disposable vape kit clean. Regular maintenance of your disposable vape kit will go a long way in preserving its shelf life. If you are using the disposable vape kit often then make sure you gently wipe off the mouthpiece area of the vape pen with a wet wipe or a moistured tissue. Frequent use may block the airways with tiny debris which will then affect the quality of the drags and usage of the disposable vape kit. A tiny bit of maintenance will help keep your disposable vape kit around for a longer period.
- Keep the disposable vape kit away from sun exposure. It is wise to store the disposable vape kit in a cooler and dry place once you are done using it. Exposing the disposable vape pens to the sun or its heat will harm the battery and e-liquid of the vape kit.
- Keep your drags normal. Keeping your drags normal and doing it in normal intervals will keep your disposable vape kit in normal conditions. The moment you try to take extra long drags or if you increase the frequency of your drags then it will have a direct effect on the battery and flavour of the disposable vape kit. The battery may become more heated eventually draining it much faster and the flavor may run out sooner if your drags are bigger and also an increase in your frequency of drags. So try to normalise your drags as much as possible for a longer-lasting lifespan of the disposable vape kit.
- Use the disposable vape kit carefully. Don’t use the disposable vape kit as a toy. You will end up breaking it or destroying it. These vape pens are not that rigid. A fall on the floor while using it may result in a broken device. If you want then you can always buy a good solid protective case for your disposable vape kit. That way, the case will absorb any fall damage. Also, it is a one-time investment as any future vape kits you buy can be then used in the same protective case.
The usage, maintenance, and life of a Disposable Vape Kit depend upon its user. The more efficient the use, the more the life of the Vape Pen. Using the Disposable Vape Kit normally is the right way to go. That is all we would like to say in the end.
Jordan Wayne, a psychology graduate from the University of Hertfordshire, has a keen interest in the fields of mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.