Feeling loved is essential both for your romantic partner and you because love is the only thing that’s going to make you work through the hard times. Also, you shouldn’t forget that you just deserve to be loved as well as deserve to be happy.
But, feelings of being unloved or insufficiently loved are a very real problem that can slowly ruin your relationship. In most cases, you feel unloved and disappointed because of misunderstanding or miscommunication in your relationships – you may not know how much you are actually loved by your partner. This lack of communication or lack of connection is the main reason why you’re drifting apart.
Best ways to feel loved
If you’re not feeling loved or would like to feel more loved, it is important to first look at your relationship in another way and do an internal check. This may come as a surprise to you, but you may feel unloved just because you’ve shut yourself away from the ability to feel the love in your heart. But all is not lost. You can open yourself up to the feelings of being loved and stimulate someone you love to reveal his soul.
Here are five simple ways that will help you foster your love and closeness as well as enhance the feeling of being loved and needed.
- Spend quality time with your partner. Remember, the more time you spend with your loved one, the more you truly get to know one another on a deeper level. Just try to use your free time together properly. This means letting things flow naturally and getting rid of any distractions. You should give your undivided attention to each other and show that you enjoy every minute you spend together.
- Initiate fruitful conversations. If you want to feel more loved, you should create close relationships. And it would be better to start with meaningful conversations. However, these conversations don’t have to be philosophical or spiritual, they should be honest and reciprocal. Besides, the result of such conversations may be great because you have a chance to speak frankly with your loved one, and at the same time, you have a chance to be heard and develop effective listening skills.
- Use physical touches – kisses, hugs or massages. Such physical touches are also important for your relationships. When your partner and you practice affectionate touches, you both feel much closer to each other. Scientists have proved that pleasant physical touches increase levels of oxytocin. This is the brain chemical that unites people together and makes your partner and you fall more deeply in love.
- Use cute love paragraphs for him. Heart-melting love paragraphs can be really powerful things that will help you keep the flame of your relationships and encourage your loved one to express her or his feelings to you. Use flirty text messages and flattering quotes, cute wake-up texts and passionate morning paragraphs for her in order to inspire your partner and tell them about your deep love. That’s really great because your partner will be so delighted after getting such a lovely message and you will feel the same way after receiving a romantic response.
- Accept your partner for who he truly is. Your loved one is just a human being and therefore you need to understand that your partner has both strong and weak traits of character. Don’t try to correct someone you love, try to accept the person with all the advantages and disadvantages and his presence in your life will make you feel loved and happy.
As it often happens, you may feel unloved not because of your partner but because of you. If you want to feel more loved, first of all, you have to let yourself feel loved. So start with yourself and be happy.
Tim Williamson did his degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. He has an ongoing interest in mental health and well-being.