Documents in PDF format are an integral part of activities both in professional and private life. Very often, it is necessary to make minor corrections to an existing document or add content to it. Do you know how to edit PDF files effectively and efficiently?
In this article, we will share with you foolproof tips that will help you improve your PDF editing skills. Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to streamline your workflow, a student needing better notes, or a professional looking for ways to optimise your daily tasks, our advice will help you achieve your goals.
How can I edit PDF files?
There are several ways to edit PDF files, depending on your preferences, available tools, and skill level. The first popular method is dedicated desktop PDF editors. You can find many tools on the Internet that allow you to edit documents in this format directly in the browser. They usually allow basic operations such as adding text, highlighting, and deleting content.
In some cases, if editing the PDF file in this way is not possible or is difficult, you can convert the PDF file to another format, such as docx, odt. After making changes, the document can be saved again as a PDF file. However, this is quite a time-consuming solution.
The solution to these problems are programs that allow full editing of PDF files on a computer. Such tools offer more advanced editing options than online versions. One of the flagship solutions is SwifDoo PDF. You can check out the trial version and see if this software is for you.
Tips to improve the PDF performance
- Consider using professional PDF editing software. Editing PDF files is sometimes complicated, but using the right tools and techniques can significantly improve the efficiency of the process. For the operation to be effective, you should choose the best PDF editor tools that best suit your needs, such as SwifDoo PDF.
- Make a copy of the original file before editing. This way, if something goes wrong, the original document will remain intact, and you can still work on it.
- Remove any unnecessary pages, photos, or content. This will help reduce the file size and make the document easier to work with.
- Use the option to select and add comments to PDFs. This can be very useful for highlighting important points or making comments that will be used later.
- Break it up into pages or sections and work on them separately. This will allow you to focus on one part of the document at a time, which, in many cases improves efficiency.
- Use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature. This allows you to convert an image of text into editable text.
Additionally, to make your work more efficient, it is worth learning how to use keyboard shortcuts in PDF editing programs, if available.
In what cases and companies are PDF editing tools useful?
PDF editing tools are useful for many companies that frequently work with electronic documents. Here are some places and uses where they are particularly useful:
- In companies and offices to update, sign and add information to: contracts, reports, cash documents, meeting minutes, documents and instructions delivered in PDF format
- In state institutions, to delete sensitive data, edit content made available to applicants and modify forms
- In schools, universities and other educational institutions, edit documents such as: curricula, tests, assessments, scientific papers, etc.; PDF editing makes it easier to work with these documents, providing flexibility and saving paper.
- In accounting and financial companies, accountants and financial companies often deal with financial documents, tax returns, invoices and other files that require modification or signature; Editing PDFs helps maintain the precision and consistency of these documents.
- In consulting and marketing companies, which often need to create and edit various types of reports, presentations, brochures and advertising materials to adapt the content to the changing needs of customers
- In law firms, where legal documents, contracts, applications, and other documents require frequent changes and updates
Apart from companies, individuals also use PDF editing tools for various purposes, such as creating CVs, editing cover letters, filling out forms, etc.
In the past, editing PDF files was a difficult and tiring task. Early versions of these files were not accessible or usable to everyone, and devices at the time had difficulty coping with their size. Downloading and rendering took a long time, and the files did not support external hyperlinks.
Fortunately, PDF files are now widely used, and the format is constantly being developed and improved. At the same time, there are more and more great tools and platforms, such as SwifDoo PDF that will help you edit PDF files quickly and efficiently.
Tim Williamson, a psychology graduate from the University of Hertfordshire, has a keen interest in the fields of mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.