Large-sized truck accidents take the lives of thousands of people every year. Truck accidents happen due to negligence like reckless driving, drunk driving or sometimes unsecured cargo or load can lead to catastrophic emergencies. When a truck hits another vehicle or the cargo falls off of the truck. The vehicles that are moving behind the truck get damaged and resulting in severe injuries and even people who are in their vehicles behind the truck can lose their life. Unsecured load accidents are common, these accidents happen if the load or cargo is not sealed, placed or tied correctly. Or if the trucks are overloaded and the truck drivers drive carelessly.
However, if you have faced any injury or property damage due to the unsecured load truck accident then without even a single thought you can contact the Truck Accident Lawyer Kansas City. Your lawyer will help you to get compensation for all the damages you have confronted.
Causes of improperly loaded truck accident
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation (FMCSR), it is the responsibility of employers to secure the load in the right manner and use ropes and other strings or chains to seal the load tightly. Otherwise, it can be dangerous for the other vehicles on the road. And truck drivers should also make sure that the load is fully secure. He should maintain the average speed and avoid distracted driving.
Well, some of the causes of these types of truck accidents are:
- The improperly freighted load can result in a fall of the load or cargo from the truck
- Truck drivers who drive at full speed can cause an accident
- Road hazards
- If the truck is not maintained
- Overloaded cargo
When the load falls from the truck it causes massive damage.
Who is responsible for the improperly loaded truck accident?
Truck accidents involve many parties. And truck accidents can happen due to several reasons and due to the mistakes of
- Truck driver if he had an accident due to distracted driving or speeding or if the driver didn’t check the load is secured correctly or not before starting driving.
- Loading company if the loading company didn’t train their employees to load correctly or the manager of the loading company didn’t make sure that load is freighted correctly.
- The trucking company, it is the responsibility of the trucking company to set rules and regulations with the contractors.
- The employees are responsible for the improper loading.
- The maintainers who repair the truck if they didn’t repair the truck correctly and the truck driver didn’t maintain the control due to improper repair.
What compensation a victim can claim?
Unsecured loaded truck accidents are dangerous and can severely injure other vehicles. The victim and their family can get badly affected due to the accident. They suffer from physical injuries, mental and emotional trauma along with property damages, loss of wages and something they lose their loved ones.
Through this, they have the full right to claim compensation for all the losses they have faced. They can claim compensation for
- Medical bills including surgeries or future treatments
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Emotional pain
- Wrongful death of their loved one. Their funeral and medical expenses
How a truck accident lawyer can help you?
Lawyers are experts and have more legal knowledge than us. They know about the rules and laws related to specific situations. Hiring a lawyer is one of the essential decisions that victims should make as early as possible. Your lawyer will guide you legally and let you know what steps need to be taken. Your lawyer will help you in several ways
- They will investigate the case themselves and will take the help of other professionals.
- Your lawyer will make sure that you feel relaxed and he will ask you to take a rest and focus on your health until they will handle all the legal matters himself and keep updating you on a phone call.
- They will collect the evidence that is in your favour to make the case strong.
- Your lawyer will contact the insurance company and try to make a fair settlement.
- They will take action against the wrongdoers and claim compensation that you deserve
- Your lawyer will stand by your side and support you till you win the case.
Accidents give a heart wrecking experience and make the victim fully scared. All kinds of accidents are dangerous and you feel like you stared at death from close. Though truck accidents are more complicated and only experts can handle them professionally. Therefore, if you have ever confronted a truck accident and suffered severely due to physical injuries, financial loss, mental disturbance or wrongful death of your loved one. Then you should contact the Kansas City Truck Accident Lawyer. Your lawyer has experience dealing with wrongdoers and he will claim compensation on your behalf.
Ellen Diamond did her degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.