Several leading scientific research publications about it. Topical creams infused with hemp or CBD have been used for pain treatment for quite a while. And because of this reason, like CBD cream, hemp cream is also used for pain relief. But like CBD cream, is hemp cream equally effective in easing your pain? Yes, then how does it work? Let’s find out!
What is hemp cream?
Hemp creams are a special cream for pain relief that is usually made by infusing high-quality cannabis flowers in a good-quality oil like coconut or olive. This is essential since it helps extract the active compounds used, which in this case, would be hemp.
Additional herbs are added to the resultant oil, which helps ease the pain. Some of the popular herbs that are used for hemp oil include lemon grass and arnica essential oils. The contribution of these additional ingredients to pain relief is significant and should not be underestimated.
What is CBD cream?
These pain relief creams are made from CBD, which is known to perform significantly faster at pain relief than other ingredients used for these creams. It is also comfortable on the skin owing to its non-greasy and fast-absorbing formula, which improves pain relief. A cooling menthol can also be part of the ingredients to provide a cooling effect that significantly enhances pain relief.
Additionally, it is also important to note that this cream does not have THC as part of its ingredients and, as such, will not have any psychoactive effect on you when applied to a painful part of the body.
Hemp cream vs CBD cream for pain relief
The body has sensory networks that enable you to feel and perceive the things and objects around you. Your brain can detect billions of senses which are all interpreted in real-time to enable you to react in time when you are not comfortable with the environmental conditions around you.
Both CBD and Hemp cream work by reducing the sensory capabilities of the nerve endings in the affected area. This way, you do not feel as much of the pain as is present in your system, which enables you to be calmer and more capable of dealing with the painful episode.
As such, you will feel the pain much less intensely, and cannabis has been proven to produce the best CBD cream for pain, and there are reports in will help with recovery.
However, when we compare the performance of the two, CBD cream tends to be the winner in most aspects. It is quick acting, calming, and gets your mind off the pain. Remember this fact the next time you shop for pain relief creams.
CBD cream is suitable for soothing sore muscles. It has been delicately infused with menthol to provide an additional relaxed feeling that will be good for you.
Hemp cream has several benefits, like the ability to kill pain naturally and provide you with the relief you need. They also help treat psoriasis since they have loads of essential fatty acids. They are also suitable for inflammation, eczema, and many other skin conditions.
How to buy hemp cream and CBD cream
To buy any of these creams, you need to consider several things, including
- Consult with a doctor. To start with, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before buying the cream. They might have some insight and direction to add to the process, which is quite helpful for you.
- Check brand ratings. The second factor to remember is the brands’ ratings. To get high-quality CBD or Hemp creams, picking top-rated brands are important. In this case, you can look over FAB CBD, which offers premium-level CBD hemp cream, contains all organic ingredients, and allows you to enjoy the full potential of CBD for pain relief.
- Third-party lab test. There are other viable alternatives which are mostly third-party lab-tested products. Make sure to do some research before choosing this option.
- Ingredients and types. It would help if you also were keen on the ingredients in the cream you are purchasing. Is it made from the ingredients you want? Is its description to your liking? Such information can be helpful in the buying process and ensures you have the right product when checking out. Besides ingredients, as CBD has three types, it’s best to check what types are available for these creams.
How to use hemp and CBD cream
These are topical oils, and their primary mode of application is right on the skin’s area with the most pain. Doing this gently for some minutes will get the lotion working, and you will feel much better after the treatment.
Cons of hemp cream and CBD cream
There are a number of disadvantages to using Hemp cream and CBD cream. These include the fact that the active ingredient content is low in these creams. It is also not legal in the 50 states, which presents issues tied to its use. It is also massively unregulated, and it will take about three years for the complete set of regulations to be in place. However, customers lack transparency about the process, which directly impacts their use of these products for pain management.
Besides that, individual cons are observed for both CBD and hemp creams, such as
Cons of hemp creams
- Throat irritation
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Bradycardia, or slow heart rate
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Not suitable for chronic pain
Cons of CBD creams
- Less CBD contents
- Interaction with other drugs
- Minor side effects such as drowsiness, dry mouth, low blood pressure, and sleepiness
- How long does it take for Hemp cream to work for pain? A few minutes is all it will take for the Hemp cream to achieve its effect on your nervous system. Be patient for this to happen and ensure that the area that is in pain has been rubbed in enough pain relief cream.
- Is Hemp cream allowed through airport security? Yes. But all the other TSA rules still apply, such as the rule that liquids of any kind should be less than 3 ounces. This is a limitation but staying under it gets you through airport security.
Hemp cream and CBD cream are some of the most popular topical applications for pain relief. They are effective at helping you manage pain and will instantly work on the area they have applied to. No matter how painful you are feeling, a simple application and gentle rubbing on your skin will quickly get your mind off the pain while adding a soothing effect to the recovery. However, for effective pain relief, it’s suitable to choose CBD cream instead of hemp cream.
Alicia Saville did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.