If you keep yourself updated with the health and beauty industry, you will find many industry leaders and beauty influencers talking about something called collagen peptides.
Now, what is collagen peptide? As a matter of fact, what is even Collagen? If you have stumbled across this write-up, then you have reached the perfect place.
Here are the different elements that are essentially associated with this subject. So if you are planning to invest in collagen peptide supplements and just want some convincing.
What is collagen?
If you have studied biology in high school, you should remember that collagen is a small part of our animal protein. It makes our cartilage and skin, plus helps to keep them strong and healthy.
Then what collagen peptide supplement? Well, collagen peptide is an external supplement that you consume. The function of this supplement is to break down the collagen more finely and help it penetrate the body and skin better.
As your age progresses, it is advisable to take Collagen peptide supplements because your body’s natural capability to break collagen diminishes. So you will need external help.
There is nothing to be ashamed of since these collagen peptides also help you reverse other ageing properties.
We will be coming to them shortly!
Health benefits of collagen
Here are some of the health benefits of collagen hydrolysate and collagen peptides, as said neatly pointed out by experts who have conducted research on this supplement.
- Prevents your losing bone mass. Yes, collagen makes up most of your cartilage and bone structure. So taking these supplements helps break the Collagen more and prevent your bones from thinning. Stronger bone, no matter the age.
- Anti-ageing properties. It can reverse some of the aging properties on your face. For example, taking it every day can diminish some of the fine lines on your skin. It is also known for giving your clear, healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Good gut health. Gut health is very important at every age. So yes, collagen doesn’t only work on your bones and make them strong, but it also helps you digest the food better. This also helps you prevent acne, which can arise from poor gut health.
- Keeps your joints youthful as well. Collagen directly works on the joints, but with age, it derails. Thus, with the help of a collagen peptide supplement, Collagen can work on the joints better, strengthenting them even as the age progresses.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions that we scored through the internet and answered.
- What happens if I take collagen every day? If you take Collagen every day, it will make your bones much more designer. Thus, when aging finally ensues, you will have lesser issues with your bones, cartilage, and joints. Plus, your skin will also retain that youthful glow.
- Does collagen make skin Tighter? If you are taking collagen right while you are ageing, it will be able to reverse some of the looseness. But it will take time. So, I suggest you start taking them earlier to prevent your skin from aging drastically too early.
- Does collagen make your face fat? No, there has been no account of Collagen making people gain weight. It does help in gaining muscle mass, but no extra fat. Thus, you can be sure about consuming them without the essential fear.
- Does collagen help your hair growth? Yes, Collagen has properties that can make your hair stronger and denser. Therefore, if you are having hair troubles, you can very well start taking collagen peptides supplements.
Add them to your diet today
Collagen can be a small part of animal protein, but it does contribute to major parts of our body. So you shouldn’t wait for aging to follow for you to add them to your diet. If you want to prevent drastic aging, then you should start having collagen peptide smoothies from tomorrow.
David Tobin did his degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. He is interested in psychology, mental health, and wellness.