For people suffering from hair loss, choosing a clinic for a hair transplant in Turkey can be a stressful and confusing experience. With so much information available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options and choices. In an ongoing effort to make things as easy as possible for international patients, many clinics offer hair transplant packages for patients to choose from.
What is important in choosing a hair transplantation package and what kinds of packages are offered? That’s a complicated question as every clinic offers its unique services. However, there are several things that everyone should consider before selecting a hair transplant clinic. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind.
What should a package include?
While each patient’s needs are unique, some things are important to everyone. These include things like travel assistance, translation & interpretation services, necessary medications, post-operative treatment, and continued support. At the Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic, all of our hair transplant packages cover every aspect of your stay in Istanbul, Turkey from the moment you arrive until the minute you depart.
With your all-inclusive package at the Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic, you receive the following benefits in addition to your high-quality hair transplant at no extra cost.
- Transport around Istanbul. One of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you directly to your hotel, and help you check in and answer any questions you have. Over the next few days, we will provide you with transportation to and from our clinic for your appointments and make sure you get back to the airport for your flight.
- Cultural liaison. We are here to help you get the most out of your time in Istanbul. We can assist with interpreting and translations as needed. We are more than happy to provide recommendations or directions to anything you may want to find.
- Accommodations. All of our clients are given a three-night stay in one of Istanbul’s premier 4-star hotels. Centrally located in one of the city’s most fascinating districts, you will have convenient access to some of Turkey’s finest shopping and dining.
- In-person consultation. While your initial consultation is done online via photos and video, you will receive a full, in-person consultation with Dr Serkan Aygin on the day before your procedure to go over all the details face-to-face.
- Post-operative care. On the day following your procedure, we will invite you back to our clinic for a full assessment of the initial results. During this appointment, all patients are given LLLT laser therapy and/or PRP treatment to promote rapid hair growth. At this time, you will also receive detailed instructions for caring for your newly transplanted hair as well as a full suite of medications to ensure a successful healing process.
The Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic
Founded in 2013 by Dr Serkan Aygin, our clinic was named the ‘Best Medical Tourism Facility’ in 2019 by La Razon. We are located in one of Istanbul’s most modern hospitals and employ a medical team including several of Turkey’s top hair transplant surgeons. We are industry leaders in all manner of hair transplantation. We specialise in both DHI and sapphire FUE hair transplants.
- Sapphire FUE transplants. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the most widely-used hair transplant procedure. Using the FUE method, surgeons first remove healthy hair follicles from the donor area at the back of the head. These are then briefly stored in a nutrient-rich solution while all the hair grafts are extracted. These are then implanted into channels created in the recipient area. Dr Aygin is a pioneer in the use of Sapphire blades during the creation of recipient channels. This allows for finer incisions and denser hair placement while minimising tissue damage and promoting rapid healing.
- DHI Hair transplants. A modified version of the FUE technique, Direct Hair Implantation combines the extraction and implantation into a single step. Using a special Choi Implanter Pen, a medical team of hair transplant surgeons extract the healthy hair follicles from the donor area and immediately implant them one-by-one into the recipient area. This allows for a more natural final result as the new hairs can be placed in line with the angle and direction of existing hair growth.
Beyond a full range of post-operative treatments, we offer a variety of anaesthesia options to our patients. Clients can choose from general sedation, local anaesthesia, or the revolutionary new SOFT anaesthesia. SOFT anaesthesia is a cutting-edge medical technique for pain management that requires no needles and is completely pain-free.
Get started today
Millions of people in the United Kingdom have overcome their hair loss with a permanent, high-quality hair transplant. Take a look at our Hair Transplant Turkey: Before & After to see what kinds of results we may be able to offer you. Contact our offices today to schedule your full, free consultation with our doctors and learn what options are available to you.
Alicia Turner is the wellness consultant for Dr Serkan Aygin Clinic.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.