If you want to grow your addiction treatment center or drug rehab there have to be a couple of pieces already in place. First, you must have a physical facility or in the case of addiction treatment telehealth companies you have to have the platform for which to provide your services. If your facility is large enough to house let’s say 20 clients or patients you must have your systems in place.
Start out with the following:
- Policies and procedures
- Brand – a well developed logo and identity that is trusted
- A website that has well written content, videos and articles relevant to addiction treatment
- EMR – tracking your electronic medical records and being able to provide audited reports to insurance companies
- Real estate – if possible, have a space that is big enough to add more rooms or office space at a later date
- Marketing plan – Make sure you are gathering incoming clients/patients from multiple referral sources
Addiction treatment policies and procedures
It goes without saying that everyone in the company has to be on the same page. If your addiction treatment center provides great care then the business will generate a great reputation and business will be good. What types of treatment tracks are you providing? Below are a couple of examples:
- Clinical guidelines for the use of buprenorphine in the treatment of opioid addiction
- Social control and coercion in addiction treatment: towards evidence-based policy and practice
- Provide treatment for substance abuse through a community-based provider system that offers detoxification, treatment and recovery support for adolescents and adults affected by substance misuse, abuse or dependence
Addiction treatment branding
Addiction treatment as an industry has been affected by a lot of negative press in the past dozen plus years. It is important to protect your brand. You have to build trust within the patient community. A few bad reviews can wreak havoc on any addiction treatment center. Brand = trust. Trust = Income. You have to be trusted by the consumers as well as Google and the social networks.
EMR – Electronic medical records
Managing an addiction treatment business is becoming more and more complex. A lot of the rehabs are using legacy EMR’s that were developed years ago and have trouble conforming to all the changes, challenges and needs of the industry. We recommend that you use a software platform for addiction treatment that is scalable for the short and long term.
Addiction treatment real estate
If you want to build a rehab from scratch then you will need a facility and the problem is no one wants a rehab in their back yard. The NIMBY problem is real. Getting zoning clearance can be an issue: if you are building an addiction treatment telehealth business you will need a digital platform that will conform to many of your needs because you will want to be able to schedule counselors across multiple different time zones, get reimbursements from all insurance companies, be able to track private pay, deductibles, refunds etc. If you are looking to buy or sell addiction treatment real estate try addiction rep.
Addiction treatment marketing plans
If you want to have a successful business in addiction treatment your business will require lead generation or introductions from multiple different sources. Some of the primary sources that need to utilised and tracked are:
- Digital marketing (SEO, PPC, social media, email, etc.)
- On ground marketers or sales people knocking on doors
- Alumni programme marketing and contact outreach
- PR or public relations – getting in the press is essential and cost effective
- Outdoor advertising or billboards – great for branding and building awareness
- Traditional referrals from your professional network
- Other treatment centers are a great source for new patients/clients
Adam Mulligan did his degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. He is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.