Through a cluster hire in Human Health Sciences, UC Merced is currently recruiting four professors (open rank) in Psychology (with more position to come in subsequent years) who conduct interdisciplinary research addressing one or more of these themes: Developmental Science: Health and Disease; Environmental Factors in Health and Health Disparities; and Emerging Tools in Health Science: Diagnostics and Therapeutics.
Examples of relevant research questions include, but are not limited to:
- How do social, environmental, and cultural contexts influence health?
- How do we translate basic research into successful interventions for diverse populations?
- How do we improve health inequalities among groups?
- How can children’s development be optimised for health in adulthood?
- How can psychosocial assessment/intervention be advanced to improve health?
Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary team of health scientists, contribute to PhD tracks in psychology, with a focus on health psychology, and other disciplines, mentor research-driven PhD students, and teach undergraduate and graduate courses. Full details and online application are available here.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.