‘Voices of Fashion on Mental Health’ is a one-day conference taking place in London on Thursday 6th December 2018.
The fashion industry is a popular career path for many. While its exhilarating lifestyle, scope for creativity and magnetising environment are all positive attributes, the chaos and excitement can be a double-edged sword; leading to mental health issues, stress, low self-esteem and ultimately addiction and substance abuse at its very worst.
How do we best protect both the fashion industry’s creative energy and the mental health of the people working within the sector?
‘Voices of Fashion on Mental Health’ draws together a range of experts who understand fashion and the intersection between behavioural, mental and emotional health in relation to performance in high-pressure environments.
The conference is presented by iCAAD – Europe’s leading conference of behavioural, mental and emotional health (BME health).
Speaker line-up and topics
- On Diversity and Mental Health in Fashion – Caryn Franklin MBE, fashion and identity commentator, Professor of Diversity at Kingston School of Art
- Mental Health in Fashion with Dr Carolyn Mair, chartered psychologist and author of ‘The Psychology of Fashion’.
- ‘Development and Understanding of Mental Health and Safe Guarding within Talent Management’ with Samantha Parker, co-founder of Music Support and mental health advocate for the UK music industry; and Chula Goonewardene, BACP-registered counsellor and psychotherapist.
- ‘The Kindness Method: Changing Habits for Good’ with Shahroo Izadi, behavioural change specialist and author of The Kindness Method: Changing Habits for Good
- ‘The Disrupter’s Vision’ with Fabian Hirose, management consultant; Anabel Maldonado, fashion journalist and founder of The Psychology of Fashion; Farah Liz Pallaro, educator and author; Lillie Naor, art therapy-based organisational consultant; and Tamara Cincik, founder and CEO of Fashion Roundtable.
- ‘Courageous Conversations’ with Sonny Hall, model, poet and recovering addict, and Dr Phil Hopley, consultant psychiatrist and managing director of Cognacity.
The conference takes place on Thursday 6th December 2018 from 9am to 4.30pm at the Science Gallery, King’s College, Great Maze Pond, London, SE1 9GU
Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite.
Some of our contents and links are sponsored. Psychreg is not responsible for the contents of external websites. Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice, nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.