- 1.5 tbsp Chia Bia milled chia seed
- 1 sachet of Alka Beau
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of your choice of yoghurt (Greek, almond, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of your choice of milk (cow’s, almond, soy, oat, etc.)
- Begin by soaking the chia seeds. In a small bowl, combine the Chia Bia milled chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let this sit for about 15 minutes, allowing the chia seeds to absorb the water and form a gel-like consistency. This process makes them easier to digest and allows you to get the most nutrition from them.
- While the chia seeds are soaking, peel your ripe banana and cut it into chunks. Place these in your blender.
- Open your sachet of Alka Beau and add it to the blender. Alka Beau is often used as a supplement for detoxification, so this smoothie could be a good option after a workout or when you’re feeling in need of a refresh.
- Add your chosen yoghurt to the blender. If you want a thicker, creamier smoothie, go for Greek yoghurt. For those with dairy intolerances or preferences, almond, coconut, or other non-dairy yoghurts would also work.
- Pour in your choice of milk. The type of milk you use can alter the flavour of your smoothie slightly, so choose one that complements your other ingredients.
- By this time, your chia seeds should have formed a gel. Add the soaked chia seeds to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. If the smoothie is too thick for your liking, feel free to add a little more milk and blend again.
- Pour your smoothie into a glass and enjoy immediately while it’s fresh.
This energising banana and chia smoothie is a great breakfast option, providing you with good amounts of fibre from the chia seeds and potassium from the banana. The Alka Beau can help your body’s detoxification processes, making this a healthful start to your day. Enjoy!
Dennis Relojo-Howell is the managing director of Psychreg.