Dr Alexander Lapa graduated in medicine in 2000, and since this time has accrued much experience working in the widest range of psychiatric settings with differing illness presentations and backgrounds in inpatient, community, and secure settings. This has been aligned to continuation of professional development at postgraduate level in clinical research which has been very closely related to the everyday clinical practice conducted by this practitioner as a NHS and private psychiatrist. He is one of the psychiatrists at Ocean Recovery.
He is fully indemnified by the Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS) and MIAB Expert Insurance for psychiatric and private medical practice. He is fully registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) in the UK with a licence to practice.
Dr Lapa is approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983) and is a member of Independent Doctors Federation (IDF), British Association for Psychopharmacology (BMA), and the Association for the Study of Obesity (ASO)
Dr Lapa’s extensive experience has also concentrated on the following areas of clinical practice:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and pharmacological treatment for adults with ADHD
- Drug and alcohol dependency, and maintaining abstinence and continued recovery
- Intravenous and intramuscular vitamin and mineral infusion therapy
- Dietary and weight management and thorough care from assessment to treatment to end goals and maintenance
- Aesthetic practice and procedures