The Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Tampere, invites applications for two early stage researchers (Doctoral Researcher) positions for three years (36 months) in the Marie Skłodowska-Curie, Innovative Training Network EuroAgeism research programme. The planned commencement date for the positions is in June – October 2018.
The EuroAgeism research programme, funded under Horizon 2020, MSCA-Innovative training network, consists of a multidisciplinary, multi-sectoral, science-policy international network of researchers, policy makers, and social and healthcare professionals. The goal of the network is to train professionals who can function effectively and comfortably at any of the intersections between science and policy.
EuroAgeism is a consortium of high profile universities, research institutions and an NGO that are located in the United Kingdom, Israel, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, the Netherlands, Finland, and Sweden. Across participating universities, a total of 15 Early Stage Researcher positions are being advertised.
Doctoral Researchers will benefit not only from leadership by expert research supervisors, but also from secondments in academia, policy, and health organisations, training and transferable-skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences over the course of the programme.
To be eligible, the candidate must simultaneously fulfil the following criteria at the time of recruitment by the beneficiary concerned in the frame of this project:
- The candidate must have a master’s (or equivalent) degree in an applicable field with interest to gain PhD in the field of social sciences.
- The candidate must have an excellent command of English. Please see the required minimum scores in English language tests.
- At the time of selection by the host institute, the candidate must not have resided or carried out his main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Finland for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to his appointment.
- The candidate must be, at the time of recruitment by University of Tampere, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of his research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
The remunerations of the recruited early stage researchers (based on a fixed monthly payment) will be according to Marie Skłodowska-Curie Horizon 2020 requirements for early stage researchers by the European Commission (Horizon 2020, Work Programme 2016–2017). For more information on the MSCA ITN, including information about country coefficient, please visit here.
There will be a four-month trial period in the beginning of the work contract.
Candidates are invited to submit all application documents in English through the University’s online application system. The deadline for submitting applications is 15:45 (UCT+2) on 31 January, 2018. The link to the application form is on the bottom of the page.
If you are interested in both EuroAgeism positions at the University of Tampere, please submit your application with two research proposals. The applications must include the following attachments:
- A cover letter, stating your research motivation and interests; including relevant background (max 1 page)
- A brief outline of a research proposal pertinent to the project chosen (maximum of 1 page)
- CV following TENK template, including a publications list
- 2 letters of recommendation (merged into one document)
- Master’ degree documentation: Official documents confirming that you have successfully finished pre-graduate studies and can apply for PhD position
- Previous scientific experience and the topic of the diploma thesis (or other small research thesis successfully passed before the application)
- The relevant documents confirming your qualifications and English skills
Please note that the electronic application system allows maximum of seven attachments. Should you have more to attach, please merge some into one document.
- Deadline for submission of applications: 31 January 2018
- Interviews will be held in February – March 2018
- Job offers to successful candidate: April 2018
- Start of employment: June – October, 2018