- Partnership between Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), the Canada Research Chair in Applied Epistemology and the Centre interuniversitaire de recherche sur la science et la technologie (CIRST)
- Case study of MSF REACH (REaction Assessment Collaboration Hub) from the perspective of applied epistemology
- Using machine learning techniques, ‘REACH combines institutional data with crowd-sourced information in order to share the most updated information in real-time, equipping MSF with virtual eyes on the ground’. The project aims at ‘improving information management and fostering more efficient decision-making’.
- Identify, on the basis of empirical observations and using the resources of applied epistemology (social and naturalised) and STS (Science and Technology Studies), the epistemic strengths and weaknesses of MSF REACH;
- Lay the groundwork for thinking about improving the epistemic value of emergency data production by making use of the contributions of various ameliorative programs in the literature.
- $ 45,000 (CAD) for 15 months
- Starting in September 2018
- Be present in Montreal and Sherbrooke, and participate in the activities of the CIRST and the Canada Research Chair in Applied Epistemology
- PhD completed in the last 5 years
- Not being simultaneously funded by another Canadian institution (SSHRC, FRQSC, etc.)
The ideal candidate would meet the following conditions
- Knowledge of applied epistemology (system-oriented social epistemology, socio-technical epistemology) or related STS work
- Knowledge of social studies of information technologies and artificial intelligence
- Experience with interview techniques in the social sciences
- English proficiency and at least an intermediate level in French
- Strong interest in emergency humanitarian work (work experience in this area is an asset)
- Capacity for autonomous work
- Ability to be accountable for one’s work
Please send your application to François Claveau. The documents should include:
- A letter describing the relevant skills, experiences and research interests
- A CV including the contact details of at least two persons who can act as references
- A proof of graduation
The deadline for application is 29 June 2018. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER – Some of our contents and links are sponsored. Psychreg is not responsible for the contents of external websites.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice, nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.