- Partnership between Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), the Canada Research Chair in Applied Epistemology and the Centre interuniversitaire de recherche sur la science et la technologie (CIRST)
- Case study of MSF REACH (REaction Assessment Collaboration Hub) from the perspective of applied epistemology
- Using machine learning techniques, ‘REACH combines institutional data with crowd-sourced information in order to share the most updated information in real-time, equipping MSF with virtual eyes on the ground’. The project aims at ‘improving information management and fostering more efficient decision-making’.
- Identify, on the basis of empirical observations and using the resources of applied epistemology (social and naturalised) and STS (Science and Technology Studies), the epistemic strengths and weaknesses of MSF REACH;
- Lay the groundwork for thinking about improving the epistemic value of emergency data production by making use of the contributions of various ameliorative programs in the literature.
- $ 45,000 (CAD) for 15 months
- Starting in September 2018
- Be present in Montreal and Sherbrooke, and participate in the activities of the CIRST and the Canada Research Chair in Applied Epistemology
- PhD completed in the last 5 years
- Not being simultaneously funded by another Canadian institution (SSHRC, FRQSC, etc.)
The ideal candidate would meet the following conditions
- Knowledge of applied epistemology (system-oriented social epistemology, socio-technical epistemology) or related STS work
- Knowledge of social studies of information technologies and artificial intelligence
- Experience with interview techniques in the social sciences
- English proficiency and at least an intermediate level in French
- Strong interest in emergency humanitarian work (work experience in this area is an asset)
- Capacity for autonomous work
- Ability to be accountable for one’s work
Please send your application to François Claveau. The documents should include:
- A letter describing the relevant skills, experiences and research interests
- A CV including the contact details of at least two persons who can act as references
- A proof of graduation
The deadline for application is 29 June 2018. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.