PhD students and Early Career Researchers are welcome at this event organised by the Community Animation and Social Innovation Centre (CASIC) at Keele University.
The Summer School will be held in central England at the New Vic Theatre, Newcastle-under-Lyme (6-7 July) and Keele University campus (8 July), where you will experience the KAVE and our MakerSpace facilities.
The facilitator will be Dr Helen Kara, author of Creative Research Methods in the Social Sciences: A Practical Guide. Speakers will include:
- Professor Mihaela Kelemen – CASIC Director
- Dr Lindsay Hamilton – Keele Management School, Keele University
- Véronique Jochum – Research Manager, National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Dr Emma Surman – Keele Management School, Keele University
- Dr Ceri Morgan – School of Humanities, Keele University
- Professor Rajmil Fischman – School of Music, Keele University
- Sue Moffat – Director of New Vic Borderlines, New Vic Theatre
The Summer School will enlighten, inspire and guide ECRs and students at all stages of scholarly or professional doctorates. Each day will be packed with interactive hands-on sessions addressing six broad topics:
- Arts-based research
- Transformative research frameworks
- Mixed-methods research
- Knowledge co-production
- Research using technology
- Writing creatively for research
We are offering an early bird price of £230 for bookings received and paid by 21 April 2017. After that date the price will be £270. The cost includes refreshments and lunches and a complimentary copy of Dr Kara’s book on creative research methods.
There will be a dinner and performance of ‘Around the world in 80 Days’ at the New Vic Theatre on 6 July, at an extra cost of £20.
For more information, click here.
Please follow #CRMSS17 on Twitter for pre-event updates.
Disclaimer: Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer here.