When it comes to CBD oil, there’s a lot of talk about its potential benefits. But what does the research say? Could CBD oil help you with conditions like chronic pain, anxiety, or even cancer? In this article, we take an in-depth look at the research on CBD oil and its potential benefits.
We’ll start by discussing what CBD is and how it works. Then we’ll look at the research on CBD oil and its potential benefits for various conditions. Finally, we’ll discuss the safety of CBD oil and some of the possible side effects.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, meaning it doesn’t cause the “high” associated with THC.
CBD oil, such as that available from cbdmagic.ca, is made from cannabis plants that have been specifically bred to contain high levels of CBD and almost no THC.
How is CBD taken?
There are a number of different ways in which you can take CBD oil:
- Vape. You can vape CBD oil by using an e-cigarette or vape pen. The oil is heated until it turns into a vapor, which you then inhale.
- Tincture. CBD oil can also be taken as a tincture. Tinctures are made by soaking CBD in a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil. You then take the tincture by mouth, either by swallowing it or dropping it under your tongue.
- Capsule. You can also take CBD oil as a capsule. Capsules are made by mixing CBD oil with a carrier oil before encasing it within the capsule shell. The capsules are then taken orally.
- Topical. You can also apply CBD oil topically to the skin. CBD oil can be applied directly to the skin or mixed with coconut oil or olive oil. Then, the CBD-oil-containing mixture is applied directly to the skin.
- Gummies. Another way to take CBD oil is by eating CBD gummies. These sweets are made by combining CBD oil with sugar and other ingredients such as pectin or gelatin. Then, the CBD-oil-containing mixture is produced into gummy candy form. These are definitely a tastier way to take CBD oil and an easy way to consume it will out and about.
- Chocolate. Another way to take CBD oil is by eating it in the form of chocolate. This type of CBD oil is made by combining CBD oil with cocoa butter and sugar. Then, the CBD-oil-containing mixture is put into chocolate form. Dark chocolate is well known for containing flavonoids that have many health benefits. This makes it a great way to take CBD oil and get the benefits of both CBD and chocolate.
Conditions that CBD oil may help
Users of CBD oil have found that it can help relieve the symptoms of a wide range of conditions.
- Chronic pain. CBD has been shown to be effective in reducing chronic pain. A review of several studies found that CBD effectively reduced pain intensity and improved sleep quality in people with chronic pain. Another study found that CBD effectively reduced nerve pain in people with diabetes. And yet another study found that CBD was able to reduce pain and inflammation in rats with arthritis.
- Anxiety. CBD has been shown to be effective in reducing anxiety. With many people finding it hugely beneficial in helping them to be calm and able to function on a day-to-day basis. One study found that CBD effectively reduced anxiety and improved sleep quality in people with social anxiety disorder. And yet another study found that CBD was effective for reducing anxiety and paranoia in people who use cannabis.
- Cancer. CBD has been shown to be effective in reducing cancer-related symptoms. A review of several studies found that CBD reduced the severity of cancer-related pain, nausea, and vomiting. Another study found that CBD was effective for reducing the spread of cancer cells. And yet another study found that CBD effectively reduced the size of tumors in mice with cancer.
Safety of CBD oil
CBD oil is generally considered safe. However, it may cause side effects in some people.
The most common side effects of CBD oil are drowsiness and dry mouth. Other potential side effects include diarrhea, changes in appetite, and weight changes.
It’s essential to purchase CBD oil from a reputable source to ensure that you obtain a high-quality product. CBD oil can also interact with other medications a person takes, so it’s important to talk to a healthcare provider before trying it out.
There is a growing body of evidence indicating that CBD oil may have therapeutic benefits for various conditions, including chronic pain, anxiety, and cancer. CBD oil is generally considered safe, but it may cause side effects in some people.
David Tobin did his degree in psychology at the University of Hertfordshire. He is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.