CBD can be found in many items, including chocolate, beverages, candles, and clothing. Given its recent popularity, it is now sweeping the realms of beauty and skincare. Hemp-infused products, ranging from serums and sunscreen to lip balms, lotions, and cleansers, are becoming increasingly popular at beauty supply stores across the country.
Needless to say, the CBD craze will be around for a while as new products pop up and their popularity continues to grow. According to a recent Industry Watch report, the global CBD cosmetics industry is valued at more than $580 million, with North America leading the way. Grand View Research predicts that it will reach $1.7 billion by 2025.
If you want to get on the CBD bandwagon but aren’t sure where to start, here’s a primer on CBD skincare:
What exactly Is CBD?
According to a CBD skincare company specialist, it is a chemical component found in marijuana plants such as hemp and marijuana. It’s one of the two main active ingredients in cannabis, the other being THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Unlike THC, though, CBD does not have the psychoactive effect most usually associated with cannabis products.
Many CBD products are available commercially today, including lotions, creams, face and body oils, serums, and lotions – all of which contain CBD oil.
Is it legal to use CBD skincare?
No laws forbid the use of CBD in beauty or skin care products. CBD cream has no THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is abundant in marijuana. As a result, it is not psychoactive. However, certain skin care products may include THC and CBD.
The efficiency of CBD skincare
According to a study, CBD oil may benefit a range of skin conditions. According to experts of CBD in Frisco, CBD skin care advantages may include:
- Acne. The most prevalent skin ailment in humans is acne. Because CBD has several compounds that are oil-reducing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial, it means it can be used to treat acne. A 2014 study looked at the effects of CBD on human sebocytes. These cells create sebum, the oily material secreted by the skin. While sebum protects our skin, excessive amounts can cause acne. CBD can inhibit sebocytes from creating too much sebum, according to the study.
- Itching and skin dryness. Eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis are skin ailments that can cause itching and skin dryness. Due to CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties, skincare products derived from the wonder compound may be used to alleviate the symptoms and soothe the skin.
- Ageing and wrinkles. Oxidative stress has been shown to hasten the ageing process, thus causing wrinkles and others related to ageing. With CBD’s antioxidant properties highlighted in a 2017 study, CBD skincare products have become popular as they help prevent skin ageing.
How to use CBD skincare
To know how frequently to use, how much to use, and how to apply any CBD product, it is crucial to follow the guidelines on the label and container. Below are just some of the things you need to know if you’re going to be using a CBD skincare product for the first time:
- CBD oil and CBD-infused cosmetic items can be applied to the skin directly.
- CBD oil may be taken orally by putting a few drops under the tongue and holding it there for up to one minute before swallowing.
- The dose will vary depending on the individual’s weight and the potency of the CBD oil. People who are new to CBD skin care products should begin with the lowest possible dose. They can gradually increase the quantity after they know how their body reacts to CBD. Note: If it’s your first time using CBD products, the professionals at MyProsAndCons recommend reading product reviews. It will give you assurance the product is suitable for your needs.
DIY CBD skincare
Thanks to simple and readily available materials instructions, these DIY CBD skin care solutions will have your natural beauty shining through in no time
CBD sugar scrub exfoliating
This simple sugar exfoliant for the lips, face, and body has only four ingredients and is excellent for exfoliating dead skin cells.
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons natural honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Drop of CBD oil with a broad spectrum
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a jar to make your scrub. This recipe makes enough sugar scrub for several uses, so store it at room temperature in a well-covered container.
Slather it on and massage gently in small circular motions, then rinse and pat dry.
Homemade CBD clarifying mask
Make this easy CBD mask recipe anytime you feel your face needs a deep cleaning.
- 1 Tbsp oat flour
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon raw honey
- 1 Teaspoon CBD oil (broad spectrum)
All you have to do to make it is combine all the components. You don’t need to bother about storage because the amounts listed generate enough gritty goop for one mask.
Apply it on your face and neck, but keep it away from your eyes. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before continuing your skincare routine.
CBD oil serum for acne
There’s a reason why facial serums are so popular! You can do wonders for your skin with suitable oils. This serum includes neem oil, a plant-based oil beneficial for skin conditions and acne.
- 1 Teaspoon of neem oil
- 1 Tablespoon vitamin E oil or sweet almond oil
- 2 Drops of broad-spectrum CBD oil
- 3 Drops of essential oil thyme
- 3 Drops of essential oil of rose or geranium
Place all of the ingredients in a dark dropper vial and carefully mix. There should be enough serum to last you a while.
CBD may provide various skincare benefits. You’ll be mixing up CBD skin care solutions for the benefit of your skin if you keep a few recommended practices in mind. Including CBD oil in your personal care items is an easy way to get the benefits.
Ellen Diamond, a psychology graduate from the University of Hertfordshire, has a keen interest in the fields of mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
The articles we publish on Psychreg are here to educate and inform. They’re not meant to take the place of expert advice. So if you’re looking for professional help, don’t delay or ignore it because of what you’ve read here. Check our full disclaimer.