The hemp industry has been busy in the past few years as several researches have been conducted to come up with different products from the hemp plant. Some of these researches have proved successful, with some of these products already gaining its ground as a sought-after product. The hemp plant is made up of at least 113 cannabinoids and several researches has been conducted to determine the usefulness of the different components and also to know if they could be separated from each other.
Some of the products that are derived from the hemp flower are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiolum (CBD), which are the most popular of the cannabinoids that are gotten from the hemp plant. However, there is a new kid in the block, which is named CBG. Yeah, you heard me right, CBG and don’t get it wrong, it is different from CBD.
What is CBG?
CBG is the short form of cannabigerol and, like other cannabinoids, is obtained from the Hemp plant. It is said to be the mother of all cannabinoids because it is said to be the first form in which cannabinoids like THC and CBD are used before it is broken down. CBG is not as popular as the other two popular cannabinoids because of its low concentration in matured Hemp plant. This is so because as the plant synthesis CBG, is being broken down into the different cannabinoids we have been trending lately. This is why it is safe to believe that CBG has both the same therapeutic benefits and even more than that which CBD has to offer. From CBG is where we have the CBG oil with is one of the products made from this cannabinoid. With that being said, what are the benefits of using CBG oil? Read on to get more insight into what CBG is all about.
What are the benefits of CBG oil?
CBG is a new product with only a handful of researches carried out, so many of the said benefits don’t have solid and concrete evidence. However, from the few research findings and the reviews from other users posted online, we have put together a few benefits you get when you use CBG oil and other product made from CBG. These benefits include:
- It acts as a natural pain reliever and muscle relaxant. This means that it is useful against chronic pains and can also be a useful product in the sporting world.
- It has neuroprotective properties, which helps protect the brain and leaves it healthy. It helps against cognitive decline, Alzheimer disease, and Parkinson disease.
- CBG oil is also beneficial in treating glaucoma, as research shows that it is effective in reducing intraocular pressure in the eye.
- It works as an antidepressant and antianxiety medication. This is because research has shown that CBG and its products can increase the production of the bliss molecule, known as Anandamide, by the brain, which in turn relaxes the body.
- It has antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties, which would help it fight against health issues of such nature.
- It helps against inflammation in the bowels and also helps in the management of an overactive bladder.
- CBG helps in strengthening the bones. It also helps speed up the healing of a bone fracture while still reducing the possibility of osteoporosis.
Can CBG help treat cancer?
CBG also helps in the treatment of cancer. However, this benefit is one of the most controversial of all the benefits CBG offers. This is because people don’t understand its work when treating cancer. Due to its anti-tumor property, CBD helps reduce the progression of the cancer cells, which helps the cancer medication have enough time to battle the cancer cell and increases the chances of successfully. It also helps with the pain that comes with the health condition and this is why medical doctors have started including CBG and other cannabinoids in the chemotherapy kits.
Identifying a high-quality CBG oil
There is always a big scare when you intend to buy CBG oil. Many question on how to identify a good CBG oil and where to get them. To identify a good CBG oil, ensure that the following questions are answered:
- Are all the product tested by a third-party lab and are the result readily available?
- Where the CBG extract originates from and are the ingredients used all natural?
- What extraction method was used in getting the CBG oil?
- Has the company taken into consideration all regulations while producing the product?
- What reviews other users say about the product?
If the answers you get are satisfying, then you can go ahead and get it for your usage and consumption. You can get CBG oil from local walk-in shops, like the vape shops, liquor stores, and smoke shops. You can also buy it online from the different stores or directly from the different manufacturers.
How to use CBG oil
You can either use it orally by putting a few drops under the tongue and holding it for 15 to 20 seconds before swallowing it for optimal benefit. You can also add it to your food and drinks if you wish to do so. However, for optimal satisfaction and advantages, it is advisable to use the CBG oil with other cannabinoids products like the CBD edible, etc.
What are the similarities between CBD and CBG?
There are so many similarities between both hemp components and they include the following:
- They are both non-proactive
- They both have therapeutic effects on the body
- They both interacts with the endocannabinoid system of the body
- They are both cannabinoids
As there are so many similarities between the CBD products and CBG products, CBG is a new product that is just getting the light of day and needs more research and testing to confirm the information out. However, the reviews that have been recorded is showing that the CBG product can rival any cannabinoids product in the coming years. Before I forget, it would be important to let you know that CBG is also non-proactive, meaning you get to enjoy all the benefits mentioned above without getting high.
Tommy Williamson did his degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. He has an ongoing interest in mental health and well-being.