It’s hard to see yourself as a whole person when your heart is broken. When you are in the depths of despair, it may seem impossible to ever feel joy again. But some people have found that holistic treatment, such as Reiki treatment can help heal their broken hearts. For centuries, this ancient Japanese technique has been used to alleviate stress and pain through gentle touch or hand placement on specific body points.
What is Reiki and what does it do?
Reiki is a spiritual practice that involves the use of energy to help promote healing and relaxation, reduce stress levels, relieve chronic pain, and more.
At its most basic level, Reiki can work by simply getting your heart rate down after an episode of acute stress or anxiety has been triggered. This helps you feel relaxed, so you can better deal with whatever life throws at you next without feeling overwhelmed or anxious about it. In addition to reducing tension and facilitating relaxation on a physical level, Reiki also works on an emotional one as well. When we are stressed out our hearts race faster than normal even when there’s no real danger present because fight-or-flight mode has been within us automatically due to decades
Before you can receive Reiki as a treatment, a Reiki practitioner has to give you an attunement. This is a transfer of energy from the master to the student that enables them to access and use this universal life force. Reiki works by restoring balance in your body’s subtle energies, so it operates as efficiently as possible. When there’s harmony within yourself, then any challenges or blockages are easier to overcome. For people with broken hearts, healing work can resolve relationship issues and quell pain caused by grief over lost love interests. It may even help someone find forgiveness for their ex-partner – which could be vital if they want to move forward with another romantic relationship in the future.
Reiki sessions typically last between half an hour and 45 minutes.
How can Reiki help with heartbreak?
Reiki’s therapeutic effects are ideal for healing a broken heart because it helps you relax and improve your emotional well-being. The more tranquil, balanced, and relaxed someone is on the inside, the better they’ll feel about themselves overall – which makes them far less likely to turn to harmful substances or behaviors in an attempt to cope with their hurt feelings. If you can get through this tough time while keeping yourself healthy both mentally and physically then that will give your recovery an extra edge that could make all the difference between success or failure.
- The benefits of Reiki work particularly well if combined with other alternative therapies like acupuncture, meditation, hypnotherapy, counselling, and/or cognitive-behavioural therapy. These help by increasing levels of endorphins, the neurotransmitters that reduce pain and stress. They also promote a sense of well-being which can make you feel happier about yourself as a person overall.
- By practising positive thinking techniques, it’s easier for someone to focus on their own personal growth rather than dwelling on what happened in the past or obsessing over how miserable they are feeling now.
- This helps them come up with ideas for moving forward, so they can start taking steps towards healing themselves emotionally and improving their circumstances – both at home and elsewhere! Reiki sessions work by soothing your nervous system, so you naturally slow down until you’re more relaxed. Through this process, clients often relax deeply enough to visualize what type of life they want to be living after recovering from heartbreak.
- The benefits of Reiki are vast and can be used to help someone feel better about themselves again, reduce the likelihood they’ll engage in self-destructive behaviors like substance abuse, improve their overall psychological well-being, find closure over past relationship issues that may still be haunting them mentally even if they’re no longer attached emotionally any more, and much more.
- At its most basic level, Reiki practitioners use this noninvasive therapy by simply getting your heart rate down after an episode of acute stress or anxiety has been triggered. Reiki works on a physical as well as emotional level when it’s done properly because harmony within yourself leads to fewer challenges that have to be overcome later down the line.
What are the advantages of Reiki?
- Helps you sleep better. After a Reiki session, you may anticipate feeling incredibly relaxed. This type of relaxation helps our bodies sleep better, heal faster, and think more clearly. It is not unusual for people to fall asleep during a Reiki treatment.
- Relaxes and releases tension from the body. The greatest thing about Reiki for many people is that it allows them to simply ‘be’. It’s a few minutes of pure relaxation, during which the receiver may relax and let go of their day’s tension and stress. Reiki may bring a feeling of calm, relaxation, and lightness to the person receiving it, allowing them to reconnect with their inner selves and think clearly about their lives.
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability. When you immerse yourself in the healing springs at Reiki Springs, you will feel energised and refreshed. You will be less stressed about everyday issues, more optimistic about life’s possibilities, and far less anxious. You may expect improved physical health as a result of this therapy.
- Releasing negative emotions like sadness and grief. One of Reiki’s defining characteristics is its capacity to remove heavy energy, including the crushing sorrow and grief that most people experience after a breakup. Reiki practitioners channel energy through their hands to remove the places where sadness and grief are stored in the body. ‘This sadness is still hanging around my shoulders,’ clients say. ‘I can’t breathe,’ Many people experience tightness and tension throughout their bodies, particularly in the shoulders, neck, chest, and/or belly. Reiki can help to relieve tension, sadness, grief, and pain by working on both the physical body and the energetic layers outside it.
- Cutting emotional ties. Our energies are always intermingled when we’re in a relationship with anyone, whether it’s family, friends, or partners. When someone is within our energy field or personal space, our energy intermingles with theirs. This exchange may result in connections known as “cords” or ‘energetic ties’, which develop over time between two people when It stands to reason that one of the most painful parts of a breakup is severing that energetic bond. After a breakup, it takes time for those bonds that connect us to our partners across time and space to dissolve. That’s one of the reasons, so many people need time alone after a split. That’s how we get back on track with our relationship. Reiki can assist in the removal of the other person’s energy from yours as well as unknotting energetic cords (with the client’s permission) to quicken the healing process.
- Learning, growing, and moving on. Many clients have post-Reiki insights, or periods of intense, healing clarity. Because Reiki removes energetic obstacles from the body, it alleviates emotional stress and allows us to think more clearly and comprehend what we were supposed to learn from the relationship and breakup. Because Reiki conveys serenity and peace to the patient, it is frequently linked with one of the most essential aspects of recovery: forgiveness.
- Helps you in a variety of ways. It’s worth noting that Reiki does not focus on a single ailment but rather treats the whole body as a whole. Because energy flow repairs all associated components of a certain issue, it is the most powerful healing method in this way.
Ellen Diamond did her degree in psychology at the University of Edinburgh. She is interested in mental health, wellness, and lifestyle.
Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only; materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Don’t disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment because of what you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer.