While the COVID-19 pandemic lingers, it continues to affect us both mentally and physically. When faced with life adversities, such as the pandemic, one of the remarkable human traits that come to the fore is resilience.
With this in mind, the theme of the ICPCE 2021 Virtual Conference is: ‘Redefining Resilience’.
ICPCE 2021 is an interdisciplinary event that brings together scholars and practitioners from a range of backgrounds (e.g., public health, government and public policy, psychology, medicine, sociology, allied health professions, education, sports and exercise science, social sciences, media studies, counselling, and the lay public) to consider research, policy, rhetoric, and practice on how we can redefine resilience.
We are seeking submissions for paper presentations that meet the following criteria:
- Offers relevant perspectives on the application of resilience research to contemporary challenges of the 21st century
- Hinged on a robust and richly-described empirical study (qualitative, quantitative or both), or those that incorporate rigorous theoretical analysis
- Presents diverse disciplinary perspectives, methodological and theoretical approaches from within, and beyond the disciplines of psychology, counselling, and education in relation to resilience.
Fields that might be covered include, but are not limited to:
- applied psychology
- clinical psychology
- educational psychology
- mental health
- organisational psychology
- social psychology
We welcome direct submissions of original research within the scope of the theme of the conference. Submissions may present new research, critical theory, or best practice and could highlight practical lessons learned from experience in different settings, or countries.
Research abstract of around 250 words should be sent in Word format to [email protected]
All submissions should follow the APA Style Guide and use British English spelling. Please use the standard British English spelling of words such as ‘centre’ or ‘behaviour’. Where British English has alternative spellings of words such as ‘recognize’/‘recognise’, please use the ‘s’ form, e.g., ‘recognise’.
- 31 August 2021: Deadline for submissions
- 29 October–01 November 2021: Conference dates
- Last day of early registration: 31 August 2021. Fee: £30
- Last day of regular registration: 30 October 2021. Fee: £50
- On the day registration: £70
- ISPCE member: £10 off
Disclaimer: Psychreg is mainly for information purposes only. Materials on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. Never disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something you have read on this website. Read our full disclaimer here.